BGI Bridgetown Airport Info & Guide
Where is Bridgetown Airport?
Bridgetown is the capital and largest city of the island nation of Barbados. Bridgetown is an important commercial centre, and a popular port of call in the Caribbean.
Historic Bridgetown is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Bridgetown International Airport (GAIA), (IATA: BGI, ICAO: TBPB), officially Sir Grantley Adams International Airport, also referred to as Grantley Adams Airport, Seawell Airport, Barbados Airport, or simply Bridgetown Airport, is located in Seawell, in Christ Church parish,12.9 kilometres (8 miles) from Bridgetown city centre, in Saint Michael parish, on the island of Barbados. The airport is often referred to was GAIA, however this is not an official airport code. The airport is named to honour Sir Grantley Herbert Adams, the first Premier of Barbados.
In 2012, Bridgetown Airport served 1,847,212, making it among the top 10 busiest airports in the Caribbean. This Barbados Airport is the only international airport serving the island nation.
Bridgetown Airport is a hub for LIAT, Leeward Islands Air Transport. Other airlines that fly to Barbados include Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge, American Airlines, British Airways, Caribbean Airlines, Condor, JetBlue Airways, Thomas Cook Airlines, Thomson Airways, TUIfly, US Airways, Virgin Atlantic and WestJet.
Cities with flights to Bridgetown Airport include Antigua, Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Charlotte, Dominica, Fort-de-France, Frankfurt, Georgetown, Glasgow, Grenada, Hamburg, Kingston, London, Manchester, Miami, Montreal, New York, Port of Spain, São Paulo, Saint Lucia, Saint Maarten, Saint Vincent and Toronto.
Your best bet for a Bridgetown Airport transfer is a shuttle. Details on all options are included in this guide.
Other Items of Interest at Bridgetown Airport
Services at Bridgetown Airport include:
- Duty free shopping
- Mobile device charging stations (120V) - Departures Terminal: 3 in the main terminal lounge, 1 in regional lounge
- Post office (stamps, parcels) (M-F 08:00-15:00) - Departures Terminal, public area
- Mailbox - departures, near gate 12
- Information desks
- Tourist information
The terminal is open 24 hours.
Official BGI Bridgetown Airport Website Links
More Bridgetown Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Bridgetown Airport Information
- Bridgetown Airport Distance to City Centre
- Bridgetown Airport Currency Exchange
- Bridgetown Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Bridgetown Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Bridgetown Airport Maps
- Bridgetown Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Bridgetown Airport Taxi Service
- Bridgetown Airport Onsite Hotels
- Bridgetown Airport Private Transfer Services
- Bridgetown Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Bridgetown Airport Location & Address
- Bridgetown Airport Train & Subway
- Bridgetown Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Bridgetown Airport Shuttle
- Bridgetown Airport Buses & Coaches
- Bridgetown Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Bridgetown Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Bridgetown Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Bridgetown Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Bridgetown Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to BGI Bridgetown Airport
- Bridgetown Airport Services & Amenities