BOM Mumbai Airport Info & Guide
Where is Mumbai Airport?
Spread across 7 islands, Mumbai is immense: it is the fifth most populous city in the world. Once known as Bombay, the city has long been an important seaport on the Arabian Sea.
Today, Mumbai is the financial, commercial and entertainment capital of India: Bollywood lives here!
Mumbai International Airport (IATA: BOM, ICAO: VABB), officially Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, also referred to as Chhatrapati Shivaji Airport - or Chhatrapati Airport for short - formerly Sahar International Airport, is most commonly referred to as simply Mumbai Airport. The airport is officially named after Chhatrapati Shivaji Bhosle, the 17th century Maratha Emperor.
Mumbai Airport's IATA code, BOM, is derived from the city's former name: Bombay. Speaking of abbreviations, locals, and even the airport itself, refer to the airport as CSIA or CSIA Airport (after Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport).
In 2013, Mumbai Airport served 31,940,026 passengers, making it the 48th busiest airport in the world. BOM is India's 2nd busiest airport, after New Delhi Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL).
Dozens of airlines serve Mumbai Airport, including Air Arabia, Air China, Air France, Air India (secondary hub), British, Cathay Pacific, Delta, Egypt, GoAir (primary hub), IndiGo (secondary hub), Jet Airways (primary hub), JetLite (secondary hub), Kenya, Korean, Lufthansa, Pakistan, Qatar, Royal Jordanian, South African, SpiceJet (secondary hub), SriLankan, Swiss, Thai, Turkish, United and Virgin Atlantic.
Destinations served from Mumbai Airport include Abu Dhabi, Ammam, Amsterdam, Baghdad, Bahrain, Bangkok, Brussels, Cairo, Delhi, Doha, Dubai, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Istanbul, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, London, Malé, Munich, Nairobi, New York, Oman, Paris, Riyadh, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore and Zürich, to name just a few.
Your best bet for a Mumbai Airport transfer is a taxi. Details on all options are included in this guide.
Other Items of Interest at Mumbai Airport
Services at Mumbai Airport include:
- Mobile Airport Portal
- Pranaam VIP services
- 8 Airline Lounges
- Luggage storage (up to 90 days) - all terminals
- Medical services - Domestic Terminal 1B, International Terminal
- Postal services - all terminals
- Meditation and prayer room - International Terminal, near gate 8
- Spas - all terminals
- Duty free
- Jaya He (India’s largest public art initiative, learn more) - Terminal 2
Mumbai Airport consists of two passenger terminals:
- Terminal 1 - Domestic Terminals T1A and T2A ("Santacruz Terminal")
- Terminal 2 - International Terminal ("Sahar Terminal")
- There is a shuttle (free for in-transit passengers) that operates between terminals (see the Airport Shuttle page for details)
Official BOM Mumbai Airport Website Links
Official BOM Mumbai Airport Twitter Feed
More Mumbai Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Mumbai Airport Information
- Mumbai Airport Distance to City Centre
- Mumbai Airport Currency Exchange
- Mumbai Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Mumbai Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Mumbai Airport Maps
- Mumbai Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Mumbai Airport Taxi Service
- Mumbai Airport Onsite Hotels
- Mumbai Airport Private Transfer Services
- Mumbai Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Mumbai Airport Location & Address
- Mumbai Airport Train & Subway
- Mumbai Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Mumbai Airport Shuttle
- Mumbai Airport Buses & Coaches
- Mumbai Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Mumbai Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Mumbai Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Mumbai Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Mumbai Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to BOM Mumbai Airport
- Mumbai Airport Services & Amenities