BRU Brussels Airport Info & Guide
Where is Brussels Airport?
From its roots as a 10th-century fortress town, Brussels is Belgium's largest city, and the country's capital.
Today the de facto capital of the European Union (EU), Brussels has been a major centre for international politics since WWII. Many international organizations are headquartered her, including North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO).
Brussels International Airport (IATA: BRU, ICAO: EBBR), also referred to as Brussels National Airport, Brussels Zaventem Airport, or simply Brussels Airport, is located in the suburbs of Zaventem and Diegem, 11 kilometres (6.9 miles) northeast of Brussels, Belgium.
In 2014, Brussels Airport served 21.9 million passengers, making it one of Europe's busiest airports.
Brussels International Airport (BRU) should not to be confused with Brussels South Charleroi Airport (CRL), the city's low-cost airport.
Brussels Airport is a hub for Brussels Airlines, Jet Airways, Jetairfly and Thomas Cook Airlines. Other airlines that fly to Brussels International Airport include Aegean Airlines, Aeroflot, Air Canada, Air France, British Airways, Delta Air Lines, EasyJet, El Al, Finnair, Iberia, KLM, Lufthansa, Pegasus Airlines, Qatar Airways, TAP Portugal, Thai Airways, United Airlines and US Airways..
The busiest routes from BRU are Abu Dhabi, Antalya, Barcelona, Berlin, Casablanca, Copenhagen, Delhi, Frankfurt, Geneva, London, Madrid, Milan, Montréal, Mumbai, New York City, Rome, Tel Aviv, Toronto and Washington DC. Other cities with flights to BRU include Athens, Beijing, Cairo, Cancún, Chicago, Moscow, Nairobi, Oslo, Paris and Zanzibar.
Your best bet for a Brussels Airport transfer is the train. Details on all options are included in this guide.
Or, to truly arrive stress free, treat yourself to a private Brussels International Airport transfer from IHateTaxis.
Other Items of Interest at Brussels Airport
Brussels Airport services include:
- BRU airport app
- Meeting rooms
- Hairdresser and barber
- Postal services
- Luggage lockers
- Places of worship (Catholic, Jewish, Muslim, Orthodox, Protestant - plus a meditation area)
- Exxit youth space with free wifi, game consoles, iMacs, TV and fatboys to chill in (Fri-Sat)
Official BRU Brussels Airport Website Links
Official BRU Brussels Airport Twitter Feed
More Brussels Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Brussels Airport Information
- Brussels Airport Distance to City Centre
- Brussels Airport Currency Exchange
- Brussels Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Brussels Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Brussels Airport Maps
- Brussels Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Brussels Airport Taxi Service
- Brussels Airport Onsite Hotels
- Brussels Airport Private Transfer Services
- Brussels Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Brussels Airport Location & Address
- Brussels Airport Train & Subway
- Brussels Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Brussels Airport Shuttle
- Brussels Airport Buses & Coaches
- Brussels Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Brussels Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Brussels Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Brussels Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Brussels Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to BRU Brussels Airport
- Brussels Airport Services & Amenities