CCU Kolkata Airport Info & Guide
Where is Kolkata Airport?
Kolkata is said to be an 'in your face' city, one that simultaneously shocks and charms the unsuspecting visitor. It's also long known as India's cultural capital, with generations of writers, poets and film directors coming to age here. Love it or hate it, Kolkata is definitely worth a visit.
Kolkata International Airport (IATA: CCU, ICAO: VECC), officially Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport, or Subhash Chandra Bose Airport, previously Dum Dum Airport, also referred to as NSCBI Airport, Calcutta Airport or simply Kolkata Airport, is located in the Dum Dum township, in the northern region of Kolkata city, in West Bengal, India. The airport is named in honour of Subhas Chandra Bose, a leader in India's independence movement (Netaji means leader).
In 2012, Kolkata Airport served 10,303,991, making it the 5th busiest airport in India. The busiest airport in eastern India, Kolkata Airport is just one of two international airports in West Bengal, the other being Bagdogra Airport (IXB).
On January 23, 2013, Kolkata Airport opened a brand new terminal. Under construction since 2008, CCU's new integrated terminal will serve both international and domestic passengers. The existing terminals will remain open until at least March 2013, as operations are transitioned.
Among the airlines that fly to Kolkata Airport are Air India, AirAsia, Biman Bangladesh Airlines, China Eastern Airlines, Dragonair, Druk Air Paro, Emirates, GoAir, IndiGo, Jet Airways, JetKonnect, Qatar Airways, Silk Air, Singapore Airlines, SpiceJet, Thai AirAsia, Thai Airways and United Airlines.
Agartala, Ahmedabad, Bagdogra, Bangalore, Bangkok, Bhubaneshwar, Chennai, Chittagong, Delhi, Dhaka, Dibrugarh, Doha, Dubai, Goa, Guwahati, Hong Kong, Hyderabad, Imphal, Indore, Jaipur, Kathmandu, Kochi, Kuala Lumpur, Kunming, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Paro, Patna, Port Blair, Pune, Raipur, Singapore, Thiruvananthapuram, Vadodara, Varanasi, Visakhapatnam, as well as many other destinations in India, and Asia.
Your best bet for a Kolkata Airport transfer is a pre-paid taxi. Details on all options are included in this guide.
Or, to truly arrive stress free, treat yourself to a private Kolkata Airport transfer from IHateTaxis.
Official CCU Kolkata Airport Website Links
More Kolkata Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Kolkata Airport Information
- Kolkata Airport Distance to City Centre
- Kolkata Airport Currency Exchange
- Kolkata Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Kolkata Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Kolkata Airport Maps
- Kolkata Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Kolkata Airport Taxi Service
- Kolkata Airport Onsite Hotels
- Kolkata Airport Private Transfer Services
- Kolkata Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Kolkata Airport Location & Address
- Kolkata Airport Train & Subway
- Kolkata Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Kolkata Airport Shuttle
- Kolkata Airport Buses & Coaches
- Kolkata Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Kolkata Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Kolkata Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Kolkata Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Kolkata Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to CCU Kolkata Airport
- Kolkata Airport Services & Amenities