Things to do in Cape Town if you have a Port of Cape Town Terminal Layover or Extended Port of Cape Town Terminal Stopover
If you have an extended layover at the Port of Cape Town Terminal or staying in town, why not consider getting out with some fun activities? We list a few here and there are many more on Cape-Town.LayoverIdeas.com.
Cape Town is the second-most populous city in South Africa. It is one of the most multicultural cities in the world, reflecting its role as a major destination for tourists to South Africa. Cape Town has attractions, both natural and man made, to suit every holiday maker, and residents of this beautiful city are proud to call it home. Here are some of the top things to do if you are in Cape Town for even a short stop over between cruise and homeward flight.
Shark Cage diving
There are not many places in the world that can offer this amazing experience and yet, just two hours from Cape Town this unique adventure happens regularly. Gaansbaai is famous for its shark viewing tours which aim to educate people about the Great White Shark and attempt to clear its name as terror of the deep. So if you have the time, and the courage to go eyeball to eyeball with a great white (in the safety of a cage), this is the perfect adventure to get to know South Africa's King of the Deep.
Helicopter Tours over Cape Town
Leaving from the V&A Waterfront, there are a number of different tours to choose from. You can opt for one of a choice of scenic flights offering a birds eye view of Table Bay, Seal Island, False Bay and, for the greatest tour of the lot, to Cape Point. Or you can choose one of the destination tours which fly you in style to one of many Cape attractions. You can visit the winelands, go to your safari destination or fly to one of the destination golf courses and fit in a gmae of golf before heading on to your next port of call.
Cape Wine Routes
If you prefer to keep your feet on the ground, there is still plenty to do in the Cape which will keep you busy, happy and relaxed before your onward flight. With a free day available to you in Cape Town experiencing one of the world famous wine routes is a must. There are plenty of routes to choose from in this wine rich area of South Africa and a tour will see you driving between vineyards and sampling the delectable wines that are exported around the world. You can stop for lunch at one of the beautiful farms and feel nothing but pampered and relaxed at the end of the day.
The V&A Waterfront
South Africa's premier shopping destination is located right in the centre of Cape Town Waterfront. With over 450 retail outlets selling everything from African curios to international designer brands, there has to be something for everyone. Once you are all shopped out you can visit any number of eateries or bars, you can head to the Aquarium, or take in a movie at the cinema. If you are traveling with children, a trip to the Scratch Patch, a haven of gemstones and gemstone products, is a great diversion and you can come away with your very own beautiful colourful stones. There is so much to do at the V&A waterfront that the greatest danger is that you will lose track of time, so make sure you set a reminder for heading back to Port of Cape Town Terminal.
As always, make sure you leave plenty of time to get to Cape Town Airport in time for your connecting flight. Enjoy your transit city rather than whiling away the time leaning up against your luggage in the departures lounge.
More Port of Cape Town Terminal Transfer & Terminal Connection Options
- Port of Cape Town Terminal Information
- Port of Cape Town Terminal Distance to City Centre
- Port of Cape Town Terminal Currency Exchange
- Port of Cape Town Terminal ATM & Cash Machines
- Port of Cape Town Terminal Wireless Internet Access
- Port of Cape Town Terminal Maps
- Port of Cape Town Terminal Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Port of Cape Town Terminal Taxi Service
- Port of Cape Town Terminal Onsite Hotels
- Port of Cape Town Terminal Private Transfer Services
- Port of Cape Town Terminal Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Port of Cape Town Terminal Location & Address
- Port of Cape Town Terminal Train & Subway
- Port of Cape Town Terminal Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Port of Cape Town Terminal Shuttle
- Port of Cape Town Terminal Buses & Coaches
- Port of Cape Town Terminal Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Port of Cape Town Terminal Car Hire/Car Rental
- Port of Cape Town Terminal Other Ground Transportation
- Port of Cape Town Terminal Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Port of Cape Town Terminal Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to Port of Cape Town Terminal
- Port of Cape Town Terminal Services & Amenities