DEL Delhi Airport Subway Services
Delhi Airport Subway Recommendations
IHateTaxis.com recommends the Delhi Airport subway service.
With an 40 minute travel time between Delhi Airport and the city, and the option of remote check-in at select metro stations, the Delhi Airport Metro Express is superbly convenient - as well as inexpensive.
Delhi Airport Subway Rates & Fares
The fare is INR 80 for travel from New Delhi station to DEL Delhi Airport.Tickets and monthly passes can be purchased using debit and credit cards at all metro stations.
DEL Delhi Airport Subway Details
Delhi Airport Subway (Metro) photo
The Delhi Airport Metro Express (DAME) is a Delhi Metro line from New Delhi Metro Station to Dwarka Sector 21, linking the Delhi Airport (it's also called the Orange line). All the six metro stations on the line are known as City Airport Terminals (CATs), and are fitted with state-of-the-art security. All DAME stations are accessible for the disabled (wheelchair ramps, accessible elevators, Braille buttons) and help call points are located at various points in the stations and on trains. Train services operate from 05:00 – 23:00, with trains running every 15-20 minutes. Travel time between Delhi Airport to the New Delhi Metro Station is about 40 minutes.
REMOTE CHECK-IN FACILITIES: Both domestic and international passengers can check-in at the New Delhi and Shivaji stadium stations of the Delhi Airport Metro Express (DAME). The facility allow fliers to check-in their baggage before boarding the Airport Metro Express, allowing passengers to spend a few “baggage free” hours shopping or dining before catching the train to DEL Delhi International Airport. Passengers can check in as early as 8 hours prior to their flight time; check-in at the metro stations closes 2.5 hours prior to flight time.
Passengers are given boarding passes at the metro station. Luggage is transferred to a dedicated secure space on the train, then directly boarded to the respective aircraft through a conveyor at Delhi Airport. National carrier Air India is currently offering the check-in service; private carriers Jet and Kingfisher are expected to follow suit at a later date. All 6 stations along the Airport Express Route to Delhi Airport are WiFi enabled (connectivity inside the trains is not yet available).
More Delhi Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Delhi Airport Information
- Delhi Airport Distance to City Centre
- Delhi Airport Currency Exchange
- Delhi Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Delhi Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Delhi Airport Maps
- Delhi Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Delhi Airport Taxi Service
- Delhi Airport Onsite Hotels
- Delhi Airport Private Transfer Services
- Delhi Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Delhi Airport Location & Address
- Delhi Airport Train & Subway
- Delhi Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Delhi Airport Shuttle
- Delhi Airport Buses & Coaches
- Delhi Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Delhi Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Delhi Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Delhi Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Delhi Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to DEL Delhi Airport
- Delhi Airport Services & Amenities