DEL Indira Gandhi Airport Info & Guide
Where is Indira Gandhi Airport?
DEL Indira Gandhi International Airport (IATA: DEL, ICAO: VIDP) is the primary international airport of the National Capital Region of Delhi, India, situated in West Delhi, 16 kilometres (10 miles) southwest of New Delhi city centre. Named after Indira Gandhi, the former Prime Minister of India, Indira Gandhi International Airport is often referred to as IGI, IGI Airport, or IGIA, by locals. Abroad it is often referred to as New Delhi Airport.
With the commencement of operations at the new Terminal 3 in 2010, New Delhi Indira Gandhi International Airport has become India's and South Asia's largest and busiest aviation hub, with a current capacity of handling more than 46 million passengers. Along with Mumbai's Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (BOM), Delhi Airport handles more than half of the air traffic in South Asia. In 2010-11, DEL Delhi Airport handled 29.94 million passengers annually and the planned expansion program will increase its capacity to handle 100 million passengers annually by 2030. When complete, more than 90% of passengers at Delhi Indira Gandhi International Airport will use the new Terminal 3 facility.
In 2011, Indira Gandhi Airport was ranked the second best airport in the world in the 25-40 million passengers category by Airport Council International.
Distance from Indira Gandhi Airport to City Centre or CBD
The Indira Gandhi Airport GPS position is 28.566° N 77.103° E or 28° 33.983' N 77° 6.184' E.
Indira Gandhi Airport WiFi & Internet
Yes, there is free WiFi at New Delhi Airport. Mostly. Free access is limited to 20 minutes In Terminal 3. IHateTaxis has not been able to confirm availability elsewhere in the airport.
- Be a smart traveller and be in the know about some Wifi at Indira Gandhi Airport Connection and Security tips before you connect
DEL Indira Gandhi Airport Map
Other Items of Interest at Indira Gandhi Airport
Services available at IGI Delhi Airport include:
- Plaza Premium Departure Lounges (showers, fee) - Domestic and International Departures - RESERVE NOW
- Plaza Premium Arrival Lounges (showers, fee) - Domestic and International Arrivals - RESERVE NOW
- Nap & Massage and Shower & Massage Lounges (pay-per-use)
- SAMS SNOOZE AT MY SPACE personal sleeping pods (pay-per-use)
- Ishana: yoga, healing pool, astrologist, ancient Indian games, books and music - and more
- Luggage storage (maximum 30 days)
- Kid Zone play area
- Smoking area
- Prayer room
- RO (Reverse osmosis) purified drinking water
- Pharmacy and medical facilities
Tip: if you have a short layover, the Eaton Smart Hotel in Delhi Airport offer Aqua Pods: private shower rooms which can be booked for a minimum of one hour and provide full access to the hotel's services and facilities.
Plus, to make things easier if you are visiting India for the first time, Indira Gandhi Airport offers a list of words in Hindi to help you: Simple Words in Hindi
Indira Gandhi Airport Departures and Arrivals Airlines
Closest Airports to DEL Indira Gandhi Airport
Official DEL Indira Gandhi Airport Website Links
Official DEL Indira Gandhi Airport Twitter Feed
More Indira Gandhi Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Indira Gandhi Airport Information
- Indira Gandhi Airport Distance to City Centre
- Indira Gandhi Airport Currency Exchange
- Indira Gandhi Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Indira Gandhi Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Indira Gandhi Airport Maps
- Indira Gandhi Airport Airline Companies
- Indira Gandhi Airport Taxi Service
- Indira Gandhi Airport Onsite Hotels
- Indira Gandhi Airport Train & Subway
- Indira Gandhi Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Indira Gandhi Airport Shuttle
- Indira Gandhi Airport Buses & Coaches
- Indira Gandhi Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Indira Gandhi Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Indira Gandhi Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Indira Gandhi Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Indira Gandhi Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to DEL Indira Gandhi Airport