Official Indira Gandhi Airport Taxi Service
Official Indira Gandhi Airport Taxi Recommendations
IHateTaxis.com recommends the official Indira Gandhi Airport taxi service.
A Delhi Airport taxi is the easiest and most convenient Delhi Airport transportation option. A taxi to your hotel in New Delhi is definitely a way to arrive stress free!(Read More about Official Indira Gandhi Airport Taxis Below)
Official Indira Gandhi Airport Taxi Rates & Fares
Fares are charged for distance travelled and are typically INR 15 per kilometre. Expect to pay INR 240 for a taxi from Delhi Airport to your hotel in New Delhi or other destination in the city.
Drivers may also accept GBP or USD.
New Delhi Taxi Tipping Recommendation: Tipping optional, Round up to next bill/large coin
Official Indira Gandhi Airport Taxi Details
Indira Gandhi Airport taxi photo
In front of the Delhi Airport Arrivals Hall there are plenty of Delhi airport taxi cabs available. The following companies operate from the Delhi Airport:
- Mega Cabs
- Meru Cabs
Look for the desks are located inside the Arrivals Hall to arrange for a pre-paid taxi. The taxi desks are available on a 24 hour basis.
Don’t give your pre-paid taxi voucher to the driver when you get into the car. It should only be handed over when you have arrived at the destination you specify (this reduced the liklihood of you being scammed (see below), as your driver will need the pre-paid voucher to be paid for the ride.
- Advice on dealing with Indira Gandhi Airport taxi drivers.
- Advice on avoiding potential disagreements with Indira Gandhi Airport taxi drivers.
Private Indira Gandhi Airport Transfer with Meet & Greet Service
Indira Gandhi Airport Taxi Scams
Many scams are in operation at the Delhi Airport and you are recommended to use a pre-paid taxi, rather than one of the hordes of taxi touts who will meet to try and swindle you with their ridiculous rates.
The Hotel Switch
In this scam, your taxi driver tells you that your does not exist, or it has closed, or it is full... or he simply cannot find it. He then suggests taking you to another hotel, or perhaps a travel agent to make another booking. It’s all fixed: the so-called travel agent and hotel are owned by his friends, and he gets a kickback. Be firm, and insist to be taken to the hotel you have chosen.
Pre-Paid Taxi False Sense of Security
You might think that because you have a pre-paid taxi voucher that you are not at risk of being scammed, but this is not true. To avoid trickery such as the scam above, be sure to hold onto your pre-paid taxi voucher, and do NOT give it to the driver until you arrive at your hotel.
Tip: you are most likely to be scammed if it is revealed that it is your first trip to India and are tired. Even if you are are exhausted and overwhelmed upon arrival, do your best to freshen up, look alert and do not talk about it being your first trip to India.
Tip: it is a good idea to have the hotel name and address written down (and in Chinese, if possible).
More Indira Gandhi Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Indira Gandhi Airport Information
- Indira Gandhi Airport Distance to City Centre
- Indira Gandhi Airport Currency Exchange
- Indira Gandhi Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Indira Gandhi Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Indira Gandhi Airport Maps
- Indira Gandhi Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Indira Gandhi Airport Taxi Service
- Indira Gandhi Airport Onsite Hotels
- Indira Gandhi Airport Private Transfer Services
- Indira Gandhi Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Indira Gandhi Airport Location & Address
- Indira Gandhi Airport Train & Subway
- Indira Gandhi Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Indira Gandhi Airport Shuttle
- Indira Gandhi Airport Buses & Coaches
- Indira Gandhi Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Indira Gandhi Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Indira Gandhi Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Indira Gandhi Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Indira Gandhi Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to DEL Indira Gandhi Airport
- Indira Gandhi Airport Services & Amenities