GDN Gdansk Airport Info & Guide
Where is Gdansk Airport?
Situated on the Baltic coast, Gdansk is Poland's principal seaport and one of the country's largest cities. Gdansk was birthplace of the Solidarity movement and played a key role in ending Communist rule across Europe.
Gdańsk, along with nearby Sopot and Gdynia, are often referred as "Tri-city". Gdańsk, widely considered the most beautiful city on the Baltic coast, boasts magnificent architecture.
Gdansk Airport (IATA: GDN, ICAO: EPGD), officially Gdansk Lech Walesa Airport, also referred to as Rebiechowo Airport, Sopot Airport or Gdynia Airport, is located 12 kilometres (7.5 miles) west northwest of Gdansk, capital of the Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland. GDN also serves the cities of Sopot (10 kilometres / 6.2 miles) and Gdynia (23 kilometres / 14 miles), referred to collectively as the "Tricity". The airport is named after the former Polish president, Lech Walesa (the stylized W in the airport's logo is the leader's actual signature).
GDN Airport also operates a GDN City Terminal, allowing for check-in downtown Gdansk (locatec near Heweliusza Street 13-17, Mercure Hewelius hotel).
In 2012, Gdansk Airport served 2,906,000 passengers.
Airlines that serve Gdansk Airport include Air Berlin, Enter Air, EuroLOT, LOT Polish Airlines, Lufthansa Regional, Norwegian Air Shuttle, Ryanair, Scandinavian Airlines, Travel Service Poland and Wizz Air.
Cities with flights to Gdansk Airport include Antalya, Barcelona, Beauvais, Bergamo, Bergen, Berlin, Birmingham, Bristol, Cologne/Bonn, Copenhagen, Cork, Dublin, Dubrovnik, Frankfurt, Girona, Glasgow, Krakow, London, Lubeck, Manchester, Munich, Oslo, Palma de Mallorca, Rhodes, Rome, Salzburg Sharm el-Sheikh, Split, Stockholm, Thessaloniki, Turku and Warsaw.
Your best bet for a Gdansk Airport transfer is the bus. Details on all options are included in this guide.
Other Items of Interest at Gdansk Airport
The Gdansk Airport City Terminal is located in Gdansk near Heweliusza Street 13-17 (across from Mercure Hewelius hotel). The City terminal provides:
- Check-in 24 hours prior to travel, and on the day of departure:
- -> 3 hours before the scheduled departure for passengers travelling with registered baggage
- -> 2 hours before departure for passengers travelling without registered baggage
- Available for LOT, Lufthansa, Wizzair, Norwegian, EUROLOT and TUI Travel Offices passengers
- NOT available for passengers of Ryanair, Airberlin, FlyBE, SAS and Wizz Air passengers
- Airport Ticket Office : Monday-Friday 09:00-17:00, Saturday 10:00-14:00, Sunday - closed
- Check-in: Monday-Sunday 09:00-17:00
- Tourist Information: Monday-Sunday 8:30-17:30
- Car rental services also available
Gdansk Airport services at the main terminal include:
- Executive lounge - International Departures, ground floor
- Tourist informstion - Main hall, ground floor
- Virgin store
- Convenience store
- Crew shop
- Duty free
- Kid's play area - Departures
The Gdansk Airport terminal is open 24 hours, although services are closed.
Official GDN Gdansk Airport Website Links
More Gdansk Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Gdansk Airport Information
- Gdansk Airport Distance to City Centre
- Gdansk Airport Currency Exchange
- Gdansk Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Gdansk Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Gdansk Airport Maps
- Gdansk Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Gdansk Airport Taxi Service
- Gdansk Airport Onsite Hotels
- Gdansk Airport Private Transfer Services
- Gdansk Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Gdansk Airport Location & Address
- Gdansk Airport Train & Subway
- Gdansk Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Gdansk Airport Shuttle
- Gdansk Airport Buses & Coaches
- Gdansk Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Gdansk Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Gdansk Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Gdansk Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Gdansk Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to GDN Gdansk Airport
- Gdansk Airport Services & Amenities