Official Goa Airport Taxi Service
Official Goa Airport Taxi Recommendations
IHateTaxis.com recommends the official Goa Airport taxi service.
Using a taxi from the pre-paid booth reduces the chances of you being ripped off.(Read More about Official Goa Airport Taxis Below)
Official Goa Airport Taxi Rates & Fares
Panaji city centre INR 350-475 with a travel time of 40 minutes Candolim INR 480 with a travel time of 60 minutes
Goa Taxi Tipping Recommendation: Tipping optional, Round up to next bill/large coin
Official Goa Airport Taxi Details
Goa Airport taxi photo
A pre-paid Goa Airport taxi booth is located directly outside the terminal.
Don’t give your pre-paid taxi voucher to the driver when you get into the car. It should only be handed over when you have arrived at the destination you specify (this reduced the liklihood of you being scammed (see below), as your driver will need the pre-paid voucher to be paid for the ride.
- Advice on dealing with Goa Airport taxi drivers.
- Advice on avoiding potential disagreements with Goa Airport taxi drivers.
Private Goa Airport Transfer with Meet & Greet Service
Goa Airport Taxi Scams
Many scams are in operation at the Goa Airport and you are recommended to use a pre-paid taxi, rather than one of the hordes of taxi touts who will meet to try and swindle you with their ridiculous rates.
The Hotel Switch
In this scam, your taxi driver tells you that your does not exist, or it has closed, or it is full... or he simply cannot find it. He then suggests taking you to another hotel, or perhaps a travel agent to make another booking. It’s all fixed: the so-called travel agent and hotel are owned by his friends, and he gets a kickback. Be firm, and insist to be taken to the hotel you have chosen.
Pre-Paid Taxi False Sense of Security
You might think that because you have a pre-paid taxi voucher that you are not at risk of being scammed, but this is not true. To avoid trickery such as the scam above, be sure to hold onto your pre-paid taxi voucher, and do NOT give it to the driver until you arrive at your hotel.
Tip: you are most likely to be scammed if it is revealed that it is your first trip to India and are tired. Even if you are are exhausted and overwhelmed upon arrival, do your best to freshen up, look alert and do not talk about it being your first trip to India.
Tip: it is a good idea to have the hotel name and address written down (and in Chinese, if possible).
More Goa Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Goa Airport Information
- Goa Airport Distance to City Centre
- Goa Airport Currency Exchange
- Goa Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Goa Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Goa Airport Maps
- Goa Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Goa Airport Taxi Service
- Goa Airport Onsite Hotels
- Goa Airport Private Transfer Services
- Goa Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Goa Airport Location & Address
- Goa Airport Train & Subway
- Goa Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Goa Airport Shuttle
- Goa Airport Buses & Coaches
- Goa Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Goa Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Goa Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Goa Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Goa Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to GOI Goa Airport
- Goa Airport Services & Amenities