Official Hyderabad Airport Taxi Service
Official Hyderabad Airport Taxi Rates & Fares
Taxi fare is:
Minimum charge INR 20 Per km INR 21 Per minute waiting INR 1 Night surcharge between 23:00 and 05:00 25% of fare
Factor about INR 400 to the city.
Hyderabad Taxi Tipping Recommendation: Tipping optional, Round up to next bill/large coin
Official Hyderabad Airport Taxi Details
Hyderabad Airport taxi photo
Radio Taxi services may be found just outside on the car park level at Hyderabad Airport and are provided by Meru and Easy Cabs. This is an air conditioned cab service with charges payable on the basis of meter reading at the end of the journey.
Taxi drivers must have taken a license for operating Radio Taxi Services from the Government of Andhra Pradesh in order to operate this service in Hyderabad.
Pre-paid options are available oin the car park.
- Advice on dealing with Hyderabad Airport taxi drivers.
- Advice on avoiding potential disagreements with Hyderabad Airport taxi drivers.
Private Hyderabad Airport Transfer with Meet & Greet Service
Unofficial Hyderabad Airport Taxi Service or Hire Points
For a cheaper taxi, go to the departure gates, where you can get a cab that has just dropped off passengers. As these cabs would otherwise return to the city empty, drivers will usually drop you off in city for only INR 30. The same is true if you hail a taxi near Mehdipathnam, where the flyover starts.
Auto rickshaws are a good mode of transport to and from the Hyderabad Airport and to places close by. The auto rickshaws are found everywhere and are easily recognized by the yellow colour and three wheels. This vehicle is commonly referred to as just 'auto'. It has a canopy for cover and the driver sits in the front. There is usually a three seater at the back for passengers, though sometimes more people can be accommodated.
- The auto runs by metre and the passenger is charged by the kilometre.
- Autos are popular as they are cheaper than taxis in Hyderabad.
- The auto metre starts from a minimum amount and after the minimum distance travelled, it starts ticking, adding the extra fare till you reach your destination.
- Note: If you take a ride after 22:00, the auto driver will demand an extra fare of 'half return'. This means that if the meter displays INR 50, then an additional half amount, INR 25, will be added and you will have to pay the driver INR 75.
- Most autos have a place at the back where you can keep some luggage. Make sure you do not leave anything behind when you get out.
Hyderabad Airport Taxi Scams
Not a scam, per se, but don't be surprised to find yourself charged for a taxi parking fee. This is a new charge implemented in late 2014. Drivers are charged this fee each time they return to the airport, which they can ill-afford, resulting in protests and taxi strikes. The result is the taxi parking fee being passed onto passengers. You might also find drivers reluctant to take short ride fares.
More Hyderabad Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Hyderabad Airport Information
- Hyderabad Airport Distance to City Centre
- Hyderabad Airport Currency Exchange
- Hyderabad Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Hyderabad Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Hyderabad Airport Maps
- Hyderabad Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Hyderabad Airport Taxi Service
- Hyderabad Airport Onsite Hotels
- Hyderabad Airport Private Transfer Services
- Hyderabad Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Hyderabad Airport Location & Address
- Hyderabad Airport Train & Subway
- Hyderabad Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Hyderabad Airport Shuttle
- Hyderabad Airport Buses & Coaches
- Hyderabad Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Hyderabad Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Hyderabad Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Hyderabad Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Hyderabad Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to HYD Hyderabad Airport
- Hyderabad Airport Services & Amenities