BLR Bangalore Airport Info & Guide
Where is Bangalore Airport?
Bangalore is the capital of the Indian state of Karnataka, and the country's 3rd most populous city.
Nicknamed the Silicon Valley of India, Bangalore is an informational technology and economic centre. Bangalore is a diverse city, a cultural hub and India's 2nd fastest growing metropolis.
Bangalore International Airport (IATA: BLR, ICAO: VOBL), officially Bangalore Kempegowda International Airport, also referred to as Bengaluru Airport or simply Bangalore Airport, is located near Devanahalli, 40 kilometres (25 miles) from the Bangalore central business district, in Karnataka state, India.
In 2016/2017, Bangalore Airport served 22,881,392 passengers, making it the 3rd busiest of India's airports, after New Delhi Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL) and Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (BOM). The 4th busiest is Chennai International Airport (MAA).
A new terminal is under construction, and plans for a rail connection are in the works.
Bangalore Airport is a focus city for GoAir, IndiGo, Jet Airways, JetLite and SpiceJet. Other airlines that fly to Bangalore Airport include Air Arabia, AirAsia, Air China, Air France, Air India, British Airways, Dragonair, Emirates, Etihad Airways, Lufthansa, Malaysia Airlines, Oman Air, Qatar, Saudia, SilkAir, Singapore Airlines, Thai Airways and Tiger Airways.
Cities with flights to Bangalore Airport include Abu Dhabi, Ahmedabad, Bangkok, Chengdu, Chennai, Cochin, Colombo, Delhi, Doha, Frankfurt, Goa, Hong Kong, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jeddah, Kolkata, Kuala Lumpur, London, Lucknow, Malé, Mauritius, Mumbai, Muscat, Paris, Pondichery, Pune, Riyadh and Singapore.
Your best bet for a Bangalore Airport transfer is a taxi. Details on all options are included in this guide.
Or, to truly arrive stress free, treat yourself to a private Bangalore Airport transfer from IHateTaxis.
Other Items of Interest at Bangalore Airport
There is a charge of INR 80 per visitor to enter the Terminal Building. Visitor entry tickets can be purchased curbside near the Arrivals Hall.
Bangalore Airport services include:
- VIP and first class lounges
- Plaza Premium Departure Lounge (showers, fee) - RESERVE NOW
- Duty free
- Shopping (bookstore, department store, electronics)
- Restaurants - including Illy, Subway, Pizza Hut, Booster Juice, local specialties
Official BLR Bangalore Airport Website Links
Official BLR Bangalore Airport Twitter Feed
More Bangalore Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Bangalore Airport Information
- Bangalore Airport Distance to City Centre
- Bangalore Airport Currency Exchange
- Bangalore Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Bangalore Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Bangalore Airport Maps
- Bangalore Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Bangalore Airport Taxi Service
- Bangalore Airport Onsite Hotels
- Bangalore Airport Private Transfer Services
- Bangalore Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Bangalore Airport Location & Address
- Bangalore Airport Train & Subway
- Bangalore Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Bangalore Airport Shuttle
- Bangalore Airport Buses & Coaches
- Bangalore Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Bangalore Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Bangalore Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Bangalore Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Bangalore Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to BLR Bangalore Airport
- Bangalore Airport Services & Amenities