GLA Glasgow Airport Info & Guide
Where is Glasgow Airport?
Glasgow, Scotland's largest city, was nicknamed the "Second City of the British Empire" for much of history. Today, Glasgow is one of Europe's top financial centres.
Boasting a revitalised city centre, Glasgow offers outstanding museums (most of which are free), the best shopping outside London and lovely parks. The city also offers easy access to the Scottish Highlands.
Glasgow International Airport (IATA: GLA, ICAO: EGPF), formerly Glasgow Abbotsinch Airport, and referred to simply as Glasgow Airport, is located near the towns of Paisley and Renfrew, 13 kilometres (8 miles) southwest of Glasgow city centre, Renfrewshire, Scotland, United Kingdom.
Glasgow International Airport (GLA) is the busiest of two airports that serve the Greater Glasgow area. The other, Glasgow Prestwick Airport (PIK), which serves low-cost carriers, is situated 32 miles (51 km) from the city centre.
In 2012, Glasgow Airport served 7,157,859 passengers, making it the 2nd busiest airport in Scotland, after Edinburgh Airport, and the 8th busiest in the United Kingdom.
Glasgow Airport is a hub for BMI Regional, EasyJet, Flybe, Loganair, Thomas Cook Airlines and Thomson Airways. Other airlines that fly to GLA include Aer Lingus, Air Transat, British Airways, Emirates, KLM, Lufthansa, Pegasus, United Airlines, US Airways, Virgin Atlantic and Wizz Air.
Cities that fly to Glasgow Airport include Amsterdam, Antalya, Barbados, Barcelona, Berlin, Cancun, Copenhagen, Corfu, Dubai, Faro, Geneva, Las Vegas, London, New York, Nice, Orlando. Paris, Rhodes, Rome, Sharm el-Sheikh, Sofia, Toronto, Vancouver and Warsaw.
Your best bet for a Glasgow Airport transfer is the bus. Details on all options are included in this guide.
Or, to truly arrive stress free, treat yourself to a private Glasgow Airport transfer from IHateTaxis.
Other Items of Interest at Glasgow Airport
Glasgow Airport services include:
- Skylounge (fee) - Business Wing and Holiday Wing
- Business Centre,nwith meeting rooms - adjacent to terminal
- Laptop and mobile phone charging
- Mobile phone charging (with adapters)
- Relaxstation (massage) - after security
- Luggage storage - up to 3 months
- Postal services
- Photo booths
- Prayer room - international arrivals (ground floor)
Official GLA Glasgow Airport Website Links
Official GLA Glasgow Airport Twitter Feed
More Glasgow Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Glasgow Airport Information
- Glasgow Airport Distance to City Centre
- Glasgow Airport Currency Exchange
- Glasgow Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Glasgow Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Glasgow Airport Maps
- Glasgow Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Glasgow Airport Taxi Service
- Glasgow Airport Onsite Hotels
- Glasgow Airport Private Transfer Services
- Glasgow Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Glasgow Airport Location & Address
- Glasgow Airport Train & Subway
- Glasgow Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Glasgow Airport Shuttle
- Glasgow Airport Buses & Coaches
- Glasgow Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Glasgow Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Glasgow Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Glasgow Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Glasgow Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to GLA Glasgow Airport
- Glasgow Airport Services & Amenities