Train, Bus and Other Transfers from Phuket Airport
Use this search to find train, bus, shared shuttle, private transfers, planes, and boat transfers from Phuket Airport
HKT Public Phuket Airport Bus Transfers
Phuket Airport Public Bus Recommendations
IHateTaxis.com recommends the Phuket Airport public bus.
The new Phuket airport bus is a good option.
Phuket Airport Public Bus Fares & Payment
Muangmai, Thalang: THB 50
Monument, Boat lagoon: THB 60
Lotus bypass: THB 80
Kathu: THB 100
Patong: THB 120
Phuket Airport Public Bus Details
Phuket Airport public bus photo
A new public Phuket Airport bus service has begun, the Phuket Airport Express Bus.
Phuket Airport Express Bus:
Airport -> Muangmai -> Thalang -> Lotus thalang -> Monument -> Boat lagoon -> Lotus bypass -> Kathu -> Patong *
- The first bus leaves the airport at 08:15, and the last bus leaves the airport at 20:45
- There are 9 buses a day, with service 45 minutes to 2 hours apart
- The trip into Patong takes about 1.5 to 2 hours
- Returning to the airport, the first bus departs Patong at 08:00, and the last at 19:00
- As signage is poor, try to make sure you know where the bus stops in Patong before you really need to catch it
- Phuket Airport Express Bus schedule and route map
Note: The new Phuket Airport bus has experienced problems since commencing service mid-2013. Between protests by taxi and tuk-tuk drivers, a lack of signage in the airport itself, and sabotaged signs along the route, the bus is experiencing low ridership. Some trips are cancelled if there aren't any passengers. We continue to monitor the situation, and appreciate reports from travelers on the ground.
* NEW: the Phuket Airport Express is reported to be planning an extenion to the Kata Katon area.
Phuket Airport Bus Schedule Planner
Private HKT Phuket Airport Bus Transfers
Phuket Airport Private Bus Recommendations
IHateTaxis.com has a mixed recommendation on the Phuket Airport private bus.
The private bus from Phuket Airport is a cheap and fairly convenient way to get into town, if you have lots of time, and if there are no service disruptions.
Phuket Airport Private Bus Fares & Payment
Phuket Airport Private Bus Details
Phuket Airport private bus photo
There is an inexpensive private Phuket Airport bus service to Phuket Town (only) from 06:30 to 21:30. The service runs hourly. You can buy Phuket Airport transfer bus tickets at a counter on the ground floor and the grey-red-and-black buses marked AIRPORT BUS may be found outside in the parking lot.
If you are heading north from the Phuket Airport:
You can save some time by instead of catching the above private Phuket Airport bus downtown, to instead walk out to the main road and cross over to the other side and then flag down a bus heading north (say from Phuket Airport to Krabi or other locations). This will likely save you some THB and possibly 1-2 hours travel time. Of course if the bus is full, which is quite possible, you might just be heading into town and the bus station anyways.
Note: this service has been available for years, but IHT has not been able to confirm its continuation amidst the uproar over the new public bus service (above).
More Phuket Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Phuket Airport Information
- Phuket Airport Distance to City Centre
- Phuket Airport Currency Exchange
- Phuket Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Phuket Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Phuket Airport Maps
- Phuket Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Phuket Airport Taxi Service
- Phuket Airport Onsite Hotels
- Phuket Airport Private Transfer Services
- Phuket Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Phuket Airport Location & Address
- Phuket Airport Train & Subway
- Phuket Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Phuket Airport Shuttle
- Phuket Airport Buses & Coaches
- Phuket Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Phuket Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Phuket Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Phuket Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Phuket Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to HKT Phuket Airport
- Phuket Airport Services & Amenities