LGW Gatwick Airport Info & Guide
Where is Gatwick Airport?
London Gatwick Airport (IATA: LGW, ICAO: EGKK), or simply Gatwick Airport, is located south of central London, just north of Crawley, in West Sussex, England, United Kingdom. Gatwick has two terminals – North and South.
In 2015, London Gatwick Airport served 40,269,087 passengers, making it the 2nd busiest in the Uk, the 9th busiest airport in Europe, and the 37th busiest in the world.
Gatwick Airport is the 2nd busiest of London's 6 airports, the others being London Heathrow Airport (LHR), London Stansted Airport (STN), London Luton Airport (LTN), London City Airport (LCY) and London Southend (SEN).
Together, Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted, Luton, London City and Southend, make London the busiest city airport system in the world, with more than 155 million passengers served a year in all 6 airports.
Gatwick is considered unique amongst London's airports for having a significant presence of each of the three main airline business models: full service airlines, low cost carriers and charter operators.
Among the many airlines that fly from Gatwick Airport are Aer Lingus, Air China, Air Transat, British Airways, EasyJet, Flybe, Lufthansa, Monarch Airlines, Norwegian Air Shuttle, Ryanair, Small Planet Airlines, TAP Portugal, Thomas Cook, Thomson Airways, Turkish Airlines, Virgin Atlantic.
The top international destinations served from Gatwick Airport are Alicante, Amsterdam, Antalya, Barcelona, Berlin, Bologna, Bordeax, Bridgetown, Budapest, Cancun, Copenhagen, Dalaman, Dubai, Dublin, Faro, Geneva, Lanzarote, Larnaca, Madrid, Malaga, Malta, Marrakesh, Marseille, Milan, Munich, Naples, Nice, Oslo, Palma de Mallorca, Paphos, Porto, Rome, Sharm el-Sheikh, Stockholm, Tenerife-South, Toulouse, Toronto, Valletta and Venice. There are flights to hundreds more.
Your best bet for a London Gatwick Airport transfer is the train. Details on all options are included in this guide.
Or, to truly arrive stress free, treat yourself to a private London Gatwick Airport transfer from IHateTaxis.
How will the Brexit impact travel? Read about the impact of Brexit on travel on our blog.
Other Items of Interest at Gatwick Airport
London Gatwick Airport services include:
- Jamie Oliver restaurants
- Duty free
- Shop and Drop service (free, UK and EU travellers only) - pick-up at Excess Baggage desk (both terminals)
- Gatwick First premier-class concierge service (fee)
- Concierge outlets (travel services, phone and mobile Wi-Fi rentals) - all international arrivals halls
- Designated meeting points
- Kid zone play areas - upstairs in the South Terminal departure lounge (opposite Café Rouge), and in the North Terminal departure lounge (behind Boots)
- London-inspired Peter Blake art collection, including ‘The People’s Monarch’ mosaic (new)
Official LGW Gatwick Airport Website Links
Official LGW Gatwick Airport Twitter Feed
More Gatwick Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Gatwick Airport Information
- Gatwick Airport Distance to City Centre
- Gatwick Airport Currency Exchange
- Gatwick Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Gatwick Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Gatwick Airport Maps
- Gatwick Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Gatwick Airport Taxi Service
- Gatwick Airport Onsite Hotels
- Gatwick Airport Private Transfer Services
- Gatwick Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Gatwick Airport Location & Address
- Gatwick Airport Train & Subway
- Gatwick Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Gatwick Airport Shuttle
- Gatwick Airport Buses & Coaches
- Gatwick Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Gatwick Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Gatwick Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Gatwick Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Gatwick Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to LGW Gatwick Airport
- Gatwick Airport Services & Amenities