RHO Rhodes Airport Info & Guide
Where is Rhodes Airport?
Rhodes is the largest of Greece's Dodecanese islands, situated in the eastern Aegean Sea, southeast of Athens, northeast of Crete and southwest of Turkey's Anatolian coast. The capital city of Rhodes sits at the northern tip of the island.
Historically, Rhodes was famous worldwide for the Colossus of Rhodes, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. The medieval old town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is site to the Palace of the Grand Master, built by the Knights Hospitaller in the 1300s.
Today, Rhodes is a popular tourist destination and cruise port.
Rhodes International Airport (IATA: RHO, ICAO: LGRP), pfficially Rhodes International Airport Diagoras, also known as Rhodes Diagoras International Airport, Rhodes Diagoras Airport, or simply, Rhodes Airport, is located just north of the village Paradisi, on the west side of the island, about 14 kilometres (8.7 miles) southwest of Rhodes city, on the island of Rhodes, in the the Rhodes regional unit, South Aegean region, Greece.
In 2012, Rhodes Airport servied 3,818,566 passengers, making it the 4th busiest airport in Greece.
Aegean Airlines, Cyprus Airways, Olympic Air and Sky Express operates flights to Rhodes Airport year-round.
Airlines that operate seasonal flights include Aeroflot, Air Berlin, Alitalia, British Airways, EasyJet, Finnair, Norwegian Air Shuttle, Ryanair, Scandinavian Airlines, SmartWings, Thomas Cook Airlines, Transaero Airlines, Vueling and Wizz Air, among others.
There are year-round flights to Rhodes Airport from Athens, Heraklion, Kos, Munich and Thessaloniki, as well a number of smaller Greek islands.
Cities with seasonal flights to Rhodes Airport include Amsterdam, Barcelona, Brussels, Frankfurt, Glasgow, Helsinki, Istanbul, London, Milan, Moscow, Oslo, Paris, Prague, Rome, St. Petersburg, Stockholm, Tel Aviv, Venice, Vienna, Warsaw and Zürich.
Your best bet for a Rhodes Airport transfer is a taxi. Details on all options are included in this guide.
Other Items of Interest at Rhodes Airport
Rhodes Airport services include:
- Filoxenia Lounge - before security, 2nd floor
- Showers - in the lounge
- Duty-free shop
- News kiosk
- Restaurant, bar
- Medical centre
- Luggage lockers
Official RHO Rhodes Airport Website Links
More Rhodes Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Rhodes Airport Information
- Rhodes Airport Distance to City Centre
- Rhodes Airport Currency Exchange
- Rhodes Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Rhodes Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Rhodes Airport Maps
- Rhodes Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Rhodes Airport Taxi Service
- Rhodes Airport Onsite Hotels
- Rhodes Airport Private Transfer Services
- Rhodes Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Rhodes Airport Location & Address
- Rhodes Airport Train & Subway
- Rhodes Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Rhodes Airport Shuttle
- Rhodes Airport Buses & Coaches
- Rhodes Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Rhodes Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Rhodes Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Rhodes Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Rhodes Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to RHO Rhodes Airport
- Rhodes Airport Services & Amenities