Official Tashkent Airport Taxi Service
Official Tashkent Airport Taxi Rates & Fares
From the Tashkent Airport to the city centre of Tashkent, foreigners can expect to pay at least USD 10 with a Tashkent Airport taxi.
Reasonable fares are usually only obtainable by those who understand the system and speak at least some Russian or Uzbek. It is better to walk 50 meters from the exit towards the taxi stand where many taxis are waiting on the road and negotiate. Generally, the prevailing fare is minimum 2 to 3 USD for 5 km (20 cents per each additional km), but always negotiate. Tashkent Airport taxi drivers will rarely accept small bills (USD, EUR, or GBP), and cannot be counted upon to give change (in any currency).
A fixed route taxi from Tashkent Airport to the city centre of Tashkent is approximately USD 0.40.
Drivers will also accept US Dollars and RUB
Tashkent Taxi Tipping Recommendation: Tipping optional, 3-5%
Official Tashkent Airport Taxi Details
Tashkent Airport taxi photo
Tashkent Airport taxis are readily available in front of the Arrivals Hall, although there is a bit of a walk.
A Tashkent Airport taxi ride to the city centre of Tashkent will take anywhere from 15-20 minutes, depending on where exactly you are going and traffic conditions. Always, agree on a price before getting into the taxi.
We suggest you have your destination written out as most drivers cannot read English.
If you cannot find a taxi for some reason, pick up a phone and call 067.
You can also catch a fixed route Tashkent Airport taxi (stops at certain locations only, no door to door) - look for taxis numbered 2, 16, 17, 56 & 63. They operate from 07:00-20:00 and take twice as long as a normal taxi to get to the city centre of Tashkent, but are considerably cheaper.
- Advice on dealing with Tashkent Airport taxi drivers.
- Advice on avoiding potential disagreements with Tashkent Airport taxi drivers.
Private Tashkent Airport Transfer with Meet & Greet Service
Unofficial Tashkent Airport Taxi Service or Hire Points
Every private vehicle you see effectively acts as a taxi if the price is right, but there is an element of risk by taking private cars.
IHateTaxis.com has a mixed recommendation on the unofficial Tashkent Airport taxi service.
Use good judgment and here are some tips to consider:
- Do not get into a vehicle with a passenger already inside
- The shabbier the car, the less price the driver will ask for the ride
- Make arrangements about the ride cost with the driver before you get in and pay only in UZS
Pirate Tashkent Airport Taxi Serivce
Upon exiting the Tashkent Airport international terminal, a large number of men will be crowded at the (sole) exit door offering Tashkent Airport taxi services. For the most part, these are not "official" taxis, but pirate taxis. "Taxi" drivers will attempt to charge whatever they believe the market will bear. For those without Russian or Uzbek language skills it is best to arrange to have someone meet you at the Tashkent Airport.
IHateTaxis.com does not recommend the pirate Tashkent Airport taxi service.
Do not take a pirate taxi, you will be ripped off.
Tashkent Airport Taxi Scams
If you are arriving to Tashkent Airport for the first time and appear to be unfamiliar with the area, expect to be quoted an insanely high rate to get into downtown. Make sure you clarify the agreed upon rate (and currency) before the taxi leaves the airport otherwise confusion and conflict could ensue later on.
More Tashkent Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Tashkent Airport Information
- Tashkent Airport Distance to City Centre
- Tashkent Airport Currency Exchange
- Tashkent Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Tashkent Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Tashkent Airport Maps
- Tashkent Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Tashkent Airport Taxi Service
- Tashkent Airport Onsite Hotels
- Tashkent Airport Private Transfer Services
- Tashkent Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Tashkent Airport Location & Address
- Tashkent Airport Train & Subway
- Tashkent Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Tashkent Airport Shuttle
- Tashkent Airport Buses & Coaches
- Tashkent Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Tashkent Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Tashkent Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Tashkent Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Tashkent Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to TAS Tashkent Airport
- Tashkent Airport Services & Amenities