Official Kotoka Airport Taxi Service
Official Kotoka Airport Taxi Recommendations
IHateTaxis.com recommends the official Kotoka Airport taxi service.
Taxis are really the only option from the Kotoka International Airport, unless you rent a car or take advantage of a hotel shuttle.(Read More about Official Kotoka Airport Taxis Below)
Official Kotoka Airport Taxi Rates & Fares
A taxi for a very short route should be no more than GHS 1.00, longer GHS 2.50-5.00 and GHS 7.00 should be enough for anywhere in the city. Always settle on a fare before getting in as prices to tend to fluctuate with the fuel prices on the international market.
Drivers will accept USD or EUR.
Official Kotoka Airport Taxi Details
Kotoka Airport taxi photo
Shared taxis can be found to the west of the terminal building right across from the Arrivals Hall at the Kotoka International Airport. Metered Taxis can be found at car park 2 which is located to the left of the Arrivals Hall when coming out of the Kotoka International Airport. It is advisable to charter a taxi from the ACC Kotoka International Airport and although it is more expensive than to share one, prices are negotiable and can be bartered over.
In Accra and the major cities most taxis that will stop for you assume you require a charter taxi and unless you are on a very strict budget it's usually easiest to do this. In more remote areas, shared taxis are most common.
Taxis are easy to identify. The two front side panels and the two rear side panels are painted yellow with a different colour for the rest of the vehicle. That said, the most important way of recognizing taxis are by the number plates. Like many commercial vehicles, they always have a yellow background with black lettering, as compared to the private vehicles that have white background with black lettering.
- Advice on dealing with Kotoka Airport taxi drivers.
- Advice on avoiding potential disagreements with Kotoka Airport taxi drivers.
Private Kotoka Airport Transfer with Meet & Greet Service
Kotoka Airport Taxi Scams
About 1 in every 10 taxi drivers will probably try to cheat you for a higher price if you are a foreigner.
More Kotoka Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Kotoka Airport Information
- Kotoka Airport Distance to City Centre
- Kotoka Airport Currency Exchange
- Kotoka Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Kotoka Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Kotoka Airport Maps
- Kotoka Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Kotoka Airport Taxi Service
- Kotoka Airport Onsite Hotels
- Kotoka Airport Private Transfer Services
- Kotoka Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Kotoka Airport Location & Address
- Kotoka Airport Train & Subway
- Kotoka Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Kotoka Airport Shuttle
- Kotoka Airport Buses & Coaches
- Kotoka Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Kotoka Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Kotoka Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Kotoka Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Kotoka Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to ACC Kotoka Airport
- Kotoka Airport Services & Amenities