CAI Cairo Airport Info & Guide
Where is Cairo Airport?
The capital and largest city of Egypt, Cairo's metropolitan area is the largest in the Middle East and the Arab world. Cairo is nicknamed "the city of a thousand minarets", and has long been a centre of the region's political and cultural life.
Modern Cairo was founded in 969 CE during the Fatimid dynasty, but the land composing the present-day city was the site of ancient city of Memphis, the remnants of which remain visible in parts of Old Cairo. Located near the Nile Delta, the famous Giza pyramid complex is located within Cairo's geographical area.
Cairo International Airport (IATA: CAI, ICAO: HECA), or simply Cairo Airport, is located in Heliopolis, around 15 kilometres (9 miles) northeast of Cairo city centre, in the Cairo Governorate, Egypt.
In 2012, Cairo Airport served 14,711,500 passengers, making it the second busiest airport in Africa after Johannesburg O. R. Tambo International Airport (JNB) in South Africa.
Cairo Airport is a hub for Air Cairo, AMC Airlines, EgyptAir, EgyptAir Express, Nesma Airlines, Nile Air and Air Go Airlines (Egypt). Other airlines that serve Cairo Airport include Aegean Airlines, Air France, Air Leisure, British Airways, Emirates, Etihad Airways, Gulf Air, Iraqi Airways, Kenya Airways, Korean Air, Kuwait Airways, Lufthansa, Oman Air, Petroleum Air Services, Qatar Airways, Royal Air Maroc, Royal Jordanian, Saudia and Turkish Airlines.
Cities with flights to Cairo Airport include Abu Dhabi, Addis Ababa, Amman, Amsterdam, Athens, Baghdad, Bahrain, Bangkok, Barcelona, Beijing, Beirut, Berlin, Brussels, Casablanca, Doha, Dubai, Frankfurt, Geneva, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, Istanbul, Jakarta, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, London, Madrid, Manila, Moscow, Mumbai, Munich, Muscat, Nairobi, New York, Paris, Riyadh, Rome, Seoul, Shanghai, Tel-Aviv, Toronto and Vienna.
Your best bet for a Cairo Airport transfer is a taxi. Details on all options are included in this guide.
Or, to truly arrive stress free, treat yourself to a private Cairo Airport transfer from IHateTaxis.
Here on a layover? Get out and see some sights one of these layover tours from Cairo Airport: "Family-Friendly Pyramids and Cairo Layover Tour", "Pyramids, Cairo and Nile Sail Layover Tour", "Wheelchair Accessible Pyramids, Sphinx and Valley Temple Layover Tour", "Pyramids, Sphinx and Camel Ride Layover Tour", "Museum, Pyramids, Sphinx and Camel Ride Layover Tour" or create your own Customized Layover Tour. All tours are led by an Egyptologist.
Other Items of Interest at Cairo Airport
You can easily get an Egyptian travel visa upon arrival. Simply proceed to one of the Bank counters and pay USD 15. They will place a visa sticker in your passport and then simply proceed to Immigration.
Official CAI Cairo Airport Website Links
More Cairo Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Cairo Airport Information
- Cairo Airport Distance to City Centre
- Cairo Airport Currency Exchange
- Cairo Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Cairo Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Cairo Airport Maps
- Cairo Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Cairo Airport Taxi Service
- Cairo Airport Onsite Hotels
- Cairo Airport Private Transfer Services
- Cairo Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Cairo Airport Location & Address
- Cairo Airport Train & Subway
- Cairo Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Cairo Airport Shuttle
- Cairo Airport Buses & Coaches
- Cairo Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Cairo Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Cairo Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Cairo Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Cairo Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to CAI Cairo Airport
- Cairo Airport Services & Amenities