CAN Guangzhou Airport Info & Guide
Where is Guangzhou Airport?
Founded in 214 BC, Guangzhou is a mix of old and new. China's 3rd largest city, after Beijing and Shanghai, boasts some the country's oldest temples, a 1000 year old park, an imperial tomb and preserved colonial villas. Modern Guangzhou boasts distinctive architecture in Zhujiang New Town, including: Guangzhou Opera House, Guangzhou New Library, the new Guangdong Museum, to name a few.
Guangzhou's isolation from 'typical China' by early exposure to the outside world and a mountainous typography has resulted in a refreshingly unique lifestyle, liberal ideas and distinctive cuisine. Yet, despite its rich history and vibrant sightseeing, most travelers come to Guangzhou to shop. And the shopping is great.
Guangzhou International Airport (IATA: CAN, ICAO: ZGGG), also called Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport, Baiyun Airport, or Guangzhou Airport, is situated in Huadu District, north of Guangzhou city centre, in Guangdong province, China. It is also referred to as New Baiyun Airport to distinguish it from its identically named former location, from which it moved in 2004 (the old airport codes were retained).
Airlines serving Guangzhou Airport include: Asiana, Beijing Capital, China Southern (main hub), China Eastern, Hainan (focus city), KLM, Korean, Madagasgar, Malaysian, Schenzhen (focus city), Shantong, Sichuan, Singapore, Thai, Vietnam, Virgin Australia and Xiamen. Countries served can largely be inferred from the airline list.
In 2015, Guangzhou Airport served 55,201,915 passengers, making it China's 3rd busiest airport.
Guangzhou Airport has begun work on an expansion that will more than double its designed capacity. The project will add a third runway, a 595,000-square-metre Terminal 2, a metro station and a transportation centre. When the project is finished in 2016, the airport will be able to handle 80 million passengers.
Your best bet for Guangzhou Airport transfers is the metro. Details on all options are included in this guide.
Or, to truly arrive stress free, treat yourself to a private Guangdong Airport transfer from IHateTaxis.
Other Items of Interest at Guangzhou Airport
A CNY 3 fee is charged for the use of trolleys, and travellers have a choice of pushing their own luggage or hiring a porter. Licensed porters are easily recognizable by the uniforms they wear. To prevent theft, never let other people handle your luggage. Trolley use and porter assistance costs CNY 10; tipping is prohibited.
CAN Guangzhou Airport services include:
- 24 hour operations (not a given in China)
- Play room
- Business centre
- Post office
- First aid centre
- Retail shopping
- Smoking room
Guangzhou Airport World Health Organization (WHO) certified as an International Sanitary Airport.
Official CAN Guangzhou Airport Website Links
More Guangzhou Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Guangzhou Airport Information
- Guangzhou Airport Distance to City Centre
- Guangzhou Airport Currency Exchange
- Guangzhou Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Guangzhou Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Guangzhou Airport Maps
- Guangzhou Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Guangzhou Airport Taxi Service
- Guangzhou Airport Onsite Hotels
- Guangzhou Airport Private Transfer Services
- Guangzhou Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Guangzhou Airport Location & Address
- Guangzhou Airport Train & Subway
- Guangzhou Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Guangzhou Airport Shuttle
- Guangzhou Airport Buses & Coaches
- Guangzhou Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Guangzhou Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Guangzhou Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Guangzhou Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Guangzhou Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to CAN Guangzhou Airport
- Guangzhou Airport Services & Amenities