Things to do in Durban if you have a Port of Durban Terminal Layover or Extended Port of Durban Terminal Stopover
If you have an extended layover at the Port of Durban Terminal or staying in town, why not consider getting out with some fun activities? We list a few here and there are many more on Durban.LayoverIdeas.com.
Durban Port is located in the heart of Durban and many of the best activities are centred in and around the area. Durban and its surroundings have something to offer everyone from the Botanical Gardens to the Science Museum and everything in between. If you have time between disembarking the cruise liner and catching your homeward flight, why not visit one of the places that will give you a real feeling for the Zulu Kingdom?
uShaka Marine World
A trip to Durban would not be complete without a visit to the Aqua Park and Sea World. The amazing array of beautiful underwater kingdoms offers visitors a bird's eye view of some of the most interesting oceanic inhabitants imaginable. You can indulge in fine dining in the hull of an amazingly realistic wrecked ship, or see a quick bite to eat while you wonder around visiting the different creatures. There are also twice daily dolphin and seal shows which are well worth a visit. If you are at uShaka on a hot day you can get some thrills on the water slides or float lazily round the moat on a tyre tube to help you cool off and unwind.
If you fancy your chances on the slot machines or want to try your luck at the tables. Suncoast Casino offers a truly African gambling experience. Once you have spent your limit, or to celebrate a bit of a win, you have a number of eateries to choose from where you can quench your thirst and satisfy your hunger. If you feel like a bit of fresh air, Suncoast Casino has a private beach where you can enjoy the sun, sea and sand before heading on to your next destination.
It would be a real crime to miss a visit to the beach anywhere along the KwaZulu Natal coastline and, as Port of Durban Terminal is a stones throw from Umdhloti beach, there is no excuse. With calm waters and plenty of rock pools, this stretch of coastline is fantastic for people wanting a refreshing dip without being dunked by big waves. If it is waves you are after, then no more than 20km down the freeway is Umhlanga beach where you will find surfers gathering to make the most of those white horses. With golden sands and blue flag beaches it is no wonder Durban is known for its coastal areas.
Flag Animal Farm
Traveling with young children can mean hours of stress and drama, but if you arrive in Durban with time to kill, you will find no end of child friendly activities to keep your little ones happy. One of the most relaxing things you can do with little kids is to take them to the Flag Animal Farm at Salt Rock near Ballito. This animal farm is in a stunning location with well cared for critters and a happy and friendly staff who will keep your children entertained for hours with milking demos, pony rides and interesting animals to interact with. There is also a café where you can enjoy a meal in the shade of big trees, which is incredibly relaxing and satisfying.
As always, make sure you leave plenty of time to get to King Shaka Airport in time for your connecting flight. Enjoy your transit city rather than whiling away the time leaning up against your luggage in the departures lounge.
More Port of Durban Terminal Transfer & Terminal Connection Options
- Port of Durban Terminal Information
- Port of Durban Terminal Distance to City Centre
- Port of Durban Terminal Currency Exchange
- Port of Durban Terminal ATM & Cash Machines
- Port of Durban Terminal Wireless Internet Access
- Port of Durban Terminal Maps
- Port of Durban Terminal Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Port of Durban Terminal Taxi Service
- Port of Durban Terminal Onsite Hotels
- Port of Durban Terminal Private Transfer Services
- Port of Durban Terminal Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Port of Durban Terminal Location & Address
- Port of Durban Terminal Train & Subway
- Port of Durban Terminal Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Port of Durban Terminal Shuttle
- Port of Durban Terminal Buses & Coaches
- Port of Durban Terminal Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Port of Durban Terminal Car Hire/Car Rental
- Port of Durban Terminal Other Ground Transportation
- Port of Durban Terminal Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Port of Durban Terminal Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to Port of Durban Terminal
- Port of Durban Terminal Services & Amenities