Official Rome Fiumicino Airport Taxi Service
Official Rome Fiumicino Airport Taxi Recommendations
IHateTaxis.com has a mixed recommendation on the official Rome Fiumicino Airport taxi service.
There are very few honest taxi drivers at the Rome Fiumicino Airport and the demanded fixed fare to town is ridiculously high! See the scam section for the 'official' rate, but let us know if you actually find a driver that honours this rate!(Read More about Official Rome Fiumicino Airport Taxis Below)
** Be aware that unofficial or pirate taxis operate at Rome Fiumicino Airport and we have given them different safety recommendations as discussed below.
Official Rome Fiumicino Airport Taxi Rates & Fares
There are fixed Rome Fiumicino Airport taxi fares, but dishonest yet clever drivers will try to charge you more (be sure to read about common scams below).
- Aurelian Walls (anywhere within the ancient city walls): EUR 48
- Ciampino Airport: EUR 50
- Civitavecchia Harbor (cruise ship terminal): EUR 120
- Magliana Castle (ancient papal villa outside Rome): EUR 30
- New Rome Fair (exhibition and fair grounds): EUR 25
- Ostiense Train Station (connected to Piramide Metro station on Line B): EUR 45
- Tiburtina Train Station (connected to Tiburtina Metro station on Line B): EUR 55
Fares are valid for up to 4 passengers and all luggage, inclusive, any time of day.
- Always confirm with your Rome Fiumicino Airport taxi driver if they take credit or bank cards and if there are any card fees.
Rome Taxi Tipping Recommendation: Tipping optional, EUR 1-2
Official Rome Fiumicino Airport Taxi Details
Rome Fiumicino Airport taxi photo
Rome Taxis are readily available outside the Rome Fiumicino Airport Arrivals area of each terminal, and they provide a convenient and easy way to travel from Fiumicino to Rome and other nearby destinations. The journey from the Rome airport to Rome will take around 35 minutes, depending on traffic.
Official white Rome Fiumicino Airport taxi cabs should be used at all times to ensure safety and also to avoid being overcharged (see pirate taxi section below).
Note that many airport taxis will quote a fixed rate that does have room for negotiation -- see the scam section below.
- Advice on dealing with Rome Fiumicino Airport taxi drivers.
- Advice on avoiding potential disagreements with Rome Fiumicino Airport taxi drivers.
Pirate Rome Fiumicino Airport Taxi Serivce
You will probably be approached by Rome Fiumicino pirate taxi drivers as you exit security. They wear official-like labels with the word "Taxi" on the front of their shirts, and this might look official, but these are con artists at work. These people are running a pirate taxi service and for the average tourist, they do look very official. Do not take a pirate taxi from the Rome Airport to Rome as you will pay more than the official price. Pirate taxis will NOT have "Comune di Roma" written on the side of their doors.
IHateTaxis.com does not recommend the pirate Rome Fiumicino Airport taxi service.
Do not take Rome Fiumicino Airport pirate taxis as they are more expensive and lack the insurance requirements.
Rome Fiumicino Airport Taxi Scams
Truly a Rip-Off
The official Rome Airport price to the city centre is EUR 48 (for up to 4 passengers and all luggage inclusive, any time of day), as regulated by law, but virtually no taxi driver will take you for that price. Even locals avoid the taxi scams and either take a train or shuttle into town.
The latest scam involves a professional, "official" looking sign at the line-up of official white cabs, in Italian and in English, indicating that the standard rate has been increased to EUR 60 Euro. In fact, the rate was recently increased, but only to EUR 48.
For further information check with the P.I.T. – Tourist Information Point of the City of Rome inside the Fiumicino Airport, who will explain the service and let you know whether your particular destination is subject to the fixed rate. The cost of the service is the same for the opposite direction also, going from Rome to FCO Rome Fiumicino International Airport. A lot of tourists are being ripped off at both FCO airport and CIA airport in Rome.
More Rome Fiumicino Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Rome Fiumicino Airport Information
- Rome Fiumicino Airport Distance to City Centre
- Rome Fiumicino Airport Currency Exchange
- Rome Fiumicino Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Rome Fiumicino Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Rome Fiumicino Airport Maps
- Rome Fiumicino Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Rome Fiumicino Airport Taxi Service
- Rome Fiumicino Airport Onsite Hotels
- Rome Fiumicino Airport Private Transfer Services
- Rome Fiumicino Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Rome Fiumicino Airport Location & Address
- Rome Fiumicino Airport Train & Subway
- Rome Fiumicino Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Rome Fiumicino Airport Shuttle
- Rome Fiumicino Airport Buses & Coaches
- Rome Fiumicino Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Rome Fiumicino Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Rome Fiumicino Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Rome Fiumicino Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Rome Fiumicino Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to FCO Rome Fiumicino Airport
- Rome Fiumicino Airport Services & Amenities