FNT Bishop Airport Info & Guide
Where is Bishop Airport?
Flint, Michigan, is best known as the birthplace of General Motors (GM), and also the Flint Sit-Down Strike of 1936–37 that played a vital role in the formation of the United Auto Workers. Today, the Flint Cultural Centre, the city's gem, tells a great part the story of the automobile in the United States - along with rich art, music and science institutions.
Often considered a suburb of Detroit, Flint is more accurately described as a "satellite" city. It is located just 30 minutes from the I-75 Detroit business corridor, North Oakland County, Frankenmuth, Birch Run and Pontiac.
Flint works hard to convince travellers to the surrounding areas that Bishop Airport is the best place to fly into. With claims of the lowest average airfares in Michigan, convenient highway access, and ample affordable parking, they are doing a pretty good job.
Flint Bishop International Airport (IATA: FNT, ICAO: KFNT), also known as Bishop Airport and Flint Airport, is both a commercial and general aviation airport located in southwestern Flint. The airport is named after Arthur Giles Bishop, a former General Motors Board Member who donated his farmland for the airport.
Close to a million passengers (938,914 to be exact) passed through Flint's Bishop Airport in 2011, making it Michigan's 3rd busiest airport, after Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport (DTW) and MBS International Airport (MBS) .
FNT Airport is served by AirTran, American, Delta and United, as well as their regional partners, with flights to Atlanta, Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, Fort Myers, Milwaukee, Orlando and Tampa, among others.
Already well known for being bright and full of art, Bishop International Airport recently unveiled a new wing. The USD 18.1 million, 47,000 square foot project, completed in November 2012, increases the airport's overall capacity. The expansion includes an enlarged TSA screening area, wider connecting corridors and 4 new gates. Hopefully that means more room for even more art!
Your best Flint Airport transfer option is a rental car, as it really is the best way to get around. Your next best option is a taxi. Details are included in this guide.
Other Items of Interest at Bishop Airport
Services at Bishop Airport include:
- High tech computer bars
- Free carbattery jumping
- Business centre (work stations, electrical outlets, photocopying) - by gate 3
- Art program
- Flint profiles - look for the glass between the secure and the non-secure areas of the terminal
Official FNT Bishop Airport Website Links
Official FNT Bishop Airport Twitter Feed
More Bishop Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Bishop Airport Information
- Bishop Airport Distance to City Centre
- Bishop Airport Currency Exchange
- Bishop Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Bishop Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Bishop Airport Maps
- Bishop Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Bishop Airport Taxi Service
- Bishop Airport Onsite Hotels
- Bishop Airport Private Transfer Services
- Bishop Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Bishop Airport Location & Address
- Bishop Airport Train & Subway
- Bishop Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Bishop Airport Shuttle
- Bishop Airport Buses & Coaches
- Bishop Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Bishop Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Bishop Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Bishop Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Bishop Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to FNT Bishop Airport
- Bishop Airport Services & Amenities