Things to do in London if you have a London City Airport Layover or Extended London City Airport Stopover
If you have an extended layover at the London City Airport or staying in town, why not consider getting out with some fun activities? We list a few here and there are many more on London.LayoverIdeas.com.
London City Airport is located in the heart of London, so you won't have to go far to see the sights. London is a city steeped in history and, at the same time, at the leading edge of the age of technology. If you are on a layover in London there are no end of activities to lure you away from the departure lounge.
Harry Potter Tours
If you want to see a bit of historic England while at the same time wondering through the spell binding scenes of Harry Potter’s greatest adventures then why not take a guided Harry Potter Tour. London Taxi Tours offer short 3.5 hour London Tours as well as the chance to spend the whole day with a personal guide, who can immerse you into the world of Hogwart’s, so when you go home and watch the movie, you can say: I stood there.
London Transport Museum
Since transport is the name of the game here it would be remiss not to mention the museum that stands in honour of all things transport related. With collections that reflect all aspects of the history of public transport from 1800 to present day everyone will find something of interest. This is an especially interesting layover option if you are travelling with young boys as they will be fascinated by the variety of vehicles, signs, photographs, posters, drawings, uniforms and architectural material which make up the core of the collection.
One London’s most famous attractions, the Tower Bridge, is just over a hundred years old. Its twin drawbridges, or bascules, each weigh about 1,000 tons, take only 90 seconds to be raised with the electric motors which replaced the old steam engines. The bascules have been raised more than half a million times since it was built. It From Tower Bridge you can view HMS Belfast, an 11,500-ton cruiser that opened the bombardment of the Normandy coast on D-Day.
If you want to experience shopping true London style, and are not worried about fighting your way from shop to shop in order to enjoy the experience, Oxford Street is the place to go. With a great many independent retailers to choose from you will be spoilt for choice when it comes to choosing your souvenirs.
As always, make sure you leave plenty of time to get back to LCY London City Airport in time for your connecting flight. Enjoy your transit city rather than whiling away the time leaning up against your luggage in the departures lounge.
More London City Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- London City Airport Information
- London City Airport Distance to City Centre
- London City Airport Currency Exchange
- London City Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- London City Airport Wireless Internet Access
- London City Airport Maps
- London City Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- London City Airport Taxi Service
- London City Airport Onsite Hotels
- London City Airport Private Transfer Services
- London City Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- London City Airport Location & Address
- London City Airport Train & Subway
- London City Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- London City Airport Shuttle
- London City Airport Buses & Coaches
- London City Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- London City Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- London City Airport Other Ground Transportation
- London City Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- London City Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to LCY London City Airport
- London City Airport Services & Amenities