Things to do in Manchester if you have a Manchester Airport Layover or Extended Manchester Airport Stopover
If you have an extended layover at the Manchester Airport or staying in town, why not consider getting out with some fun activities? We list a few here and there are many more on Manchester.LayoverIdeas.com.
Manchester is a cosmopolitan city with many activities on offer. Downtown Manchester is easily accessible on public transport from the Manchester Airport and so, even if you only have a short layover you can get out into the city while you wait.
Visitor Information centre
If you want to get the most out of your layover in Manchester this is as good a place to start as any. First opened on June 20, 2010 this state of the art visitor centre will help you find the best attractions and events available in Manchester. The interactive Microsoft Surface tables allow you to browse maps of the area using just natural hand gestures. The experienced staff will help you make the most of your visit.
Soccer fans the world over are at the very least aware of Manchester United. This is the place where one of the worlds most famous football teams call home. Get a closer look at Manchester United from days gone by as well as finding out all the latest in football facts from the Old Trafford museum and tour centre. Easily accessible by public transport this is a great place to visit if you have a few hours to kill in Manchester.
Opie’s Museum of Memories
For an amazing visual journey through the last 100 years, Opie’s Museum of Memories takes you decade by decade through Newspapers, magazines, comics, toys and games, entertainment and music, advertising, design and fashion, groceries and sweets, covering every era from Victorian times to the present day. The Wigan Pier Theatre Company bring to life the essence of days gone by with interactive performances of every era.
The Trafford Centre
With over 200 stores filled to the rafters with retail therapy and 60 mouth watering eateries to choose from, the Trafford Centre is the place to shop in Manchester. While those fans of Shop til you Drop satisfy their need for all things designer, the rest of the family can head off to the leisure centre next door for fun filled hours of activity from indoor skydiving to Lego land Discovery Centre.
As always, make sure you leave plenty of time to get back to MAN Manchester International Airport in time for your connecting flight. Enjoy your transit city rather than whiling away the time leaning up against your luggage in the departures lounge.
More Manchester Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Manchester Airport Information
- Manchester Airport Distance to City Centre
- Manchester Airport Currency Exchange
- Manchester Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Manchester Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Manchester Airport Maps
- Manchester Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Manchester Airport Taxi Service
- Manchester Airport Onsite Hotels
- Manchester Airport Private Transfer Services
- Manchester Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Manchester Airport Location & Address
- Manchester Airport Train & Subway
- Manchester Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Manchester Airport Shuttle
- Manchester Airport Buses & Coaches
- Manchester Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Manchester Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Manchester Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Manchester Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Manchester Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to MAN Manchester Airport
- Manchester Airport Services & Amenities