MCT Muscat Seeb Airport Info & Guide
Where is Muscat Seeb Airport?
Oman's capital city, Muscat, is actually made up of 3 small towns that have grown together over time. They are: Muscat (the "walled city") - the site of the royal palaces; Matrah (or Matruh) - home to the maze-like Matrah Souq; and Ruwi - the diplomatic and commercial centre of the city.
Muscat Seeb International Airport (IATA: MCT, ICAO: OOMS), also called Seeb International Airport, Seeb Airport or Muscat Airport serves Oman's capital city of Muscat.
In 2011, Muscat Airport served 6,479,860 passengers, and is Oman's busiest airport. With one new terminal built (it opened in 2010), construction on more is underway to increase the airport's capacity to 48 million passengers by 2050 (!). The next new terminl is due to open in 2014.
Airlines that fly to Muscat Airport include Air Arabia, Air Blue, Air India, Biman Bangladesh Airlines, British Airways, Egypt Air, Ethiopian Airlines, Emirates, Etihad Airways, FlyDubai, Gulf Air (major hub), IndiGo, Iran Aseman Airlines, Jet Airways, KLM, Kuwait Airways, Lufthansa, Oman Air (main hub), Pakistan International Airlines, Qatar Airways, Saudia, SriLankan Airlines, Swiss International Air Lines, Thai Airways International, Turkish Airlines and United Airways.
Flights to Muscat Airport arrive from Abu Dhabi, Addis Ababa, Ahmedabad, Amman, Amsterdam, Bahrain, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beirut, Cairo, Calicut, Chennai, Chittagong, Cochin, Colombo, Dammam, Dar es Salaam, Delhi, Dhaka, Doha, Dubai, Frankfurt, Gwadar, Hyderabad, Islamabad, Istanbul, Jaipur, Jeddah, Karachi, Kathmandu, Khasab, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lahore, London, Lucknow, Male, Mangalore, Medinah, Milan, Mumbai, Munich, Paris, Peshawar, Riyadh, Sialkot, Salalah, Sharjah, Shiraz, Tehran, Thiruvanathapuram, Turbat, Zanzibar and Zurich.
Your best bet for a Muscat Airport transfer is a taxi.
Or, to truly arrive stress free, treat yourself to a private Muscat Airport transfer from IHateTaxis.
Other Items of Interest at Muscat Seeb Airport
Services at Muscat Seeb Airport include:
- Smartphone app
- Plaza Premium Lounges (showers) (fee)
- Business centre (fax, photocopies, telephone cards) - before security
- Luggage storage
- Duty free
- Shopping - including bookstores
- Mosque - outside the arrivals terminal exit door
- Prayer rooms for men and women - after security
- Free medical clinic
- Tourist information
Official MCT Muscat Seeb Airport Website Links
Official MCT Muscat Seeb Airport Twitter Feed
More Muscat Seeb Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Muscat Seeb Airport Information
- Muscat Seeb Airport Distance to City Centre
- Muscat Seeb Airport Currency Exchange
- Muscat Seeb Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Muscat Seeb Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Muscat Seeb Airport Maps
- Muscat Seeb Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Muscat Seeb Airport Taxi Service
- Muscat Seeb Airport Onsite Hotels
- Muscat Seeb Airport Private Transfer Services
- Muscat Seeb Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Muscat Seeb Airport Location & Address
- Muscat Seeb Airport Train & Subway
- Muscat Seeb Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Muscat Seeb Airport Shuttle
- Muscat Seeb Airport Buses & Coaches
- Muscat Seeb Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Muscat Seeb Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Muscat Seeb Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Muscat Seeb Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Muscat Seeb Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to MCT Muscat Seeb Airport
- Muscat Seeb Airport Services & Amenities