SIN Singapore Changi Airport Info & Guide
Where is Singapore Changi Airport?
Singapore, officially the Republic of Singapore, is a sovereign city-state and island country in Southeast Asia.
Singapore Changi Airport (IATA: SIN, ICAO: WSSS), also referred to as Singapore International Airport, Changi International Airport, Singapore Airport, or simply Changi Airport, is located in the Changi area, 17.2 kilometres (10.7 miles) northeast of the commercial centre of Singapore.
In 2013, Changi served 53,700,000 passengers, making it one of the world's busiest airports.
Changi Airport s the home base and primary hub of Singapore Airlines (Singapore Airways). SIN is also a hub for Jetstar, Asia Airways. Scoot, SilkAir, Tigerair and Valuair. Other airlines that fly to SIN include Air China, Air France, Air India, All Nippon Airways, Bangkok Airways, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Delta Air Lines, Emirates, EVA Air, Finnair, Japan Airlines, KLM, Korean Air, Lufthansa, Qantas, Qatar Airways and United Airlines.
Cities with flights to Changi include Amsterdam, Athens, Bangkok, Barcelona, Beijing, Cairo, Cape Town, Chennai, Chicago, Copenhagen, Delhi, Dubai, Frankfurt, Hanoi, Hong Kong, Istanbul, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Kunming, London, Los Angeles, Manila, Moscow, New York, Paris, Phuket, Rome, São Paulo, Seoul, Shanghai, Siem Reap, Sydney, Taipei, Tokyo and Zürich.
Your best bet for a Singapore Changi Airport transfer is the train. Details on all options are included in this guide.
Or, to truly arrive stress free, treat yourself to a private Singapore Airport transfer from IHateTaxis.
Other Items of Interest at Singapore Changi Airport
Singapore Changi Airport has won over 430 awards since 1981, including 30 'Best' awards in 2012. This is one airport you want to have a layover at!
Services at the Singapore Airport include:
- Xbox systems set up to keep gamers at Changi entertained.
- Live lounge music, at times.
- Movie theatre (Changi Terminal 2).
- SingTel and Starhub payphones offer unlimited free local calls.
- 24 hour business centres in Changi Terminals 1, 2 and 3.
- Plaza Premier Lounges also offer a basic but functional gym with shower for about $9 with a Singapore Airways boarding pass.
- Ambassador Transit Lounges (located in Changi Terminals 1, 2 and 3, access without clearning immigration) - services include a gym, unisex hair salon, massage serices, nap rooms and a shower facility (fee).
- Free rest areas with specially-designed snooze chairs!
- Swimming pool and hot tub (Changi Terminal 1, Departure Transit Lounge, Level 3, Ambassador Transit Hotel): open 07:00 to 23:00 (fee for non-hotel guests).
- Shopping, shopping guarantees and even a Changi Rewards Card.
- Pharmacy and medical services.
- Post office.
- Aviation gallery.
- Children's playground.
- Prayer rooms in all Changi terminals.
- Nature trail: butterfly garden, cactus garden, fern garden and koi pond, orchid garden and koi pond, sunflower and light garden, fragrant garden, bamboo garden - lots of soothing places to sit back and relax.
- If you're up for a little adventure, seek out the staff canteen at level 3M of the carpark next to Changi Terminal 2, as it's open to the public (with discounts for airport staff) and serves local food. It is relatively cheap compared to other food options in the airport but not exactly cheap compared to elsewhere in Singapore. There are also staff canteens in Changi Terminals 1 and 3.
- Luggage storage (Changi Terminal 1)
Be sure to chck out Kinetic Rain, a moving sculpture installed in the Departure hall of Terminal 1.Spanning an area of 75 square metres (810 sq ft) and a height of 7.3 metres (24 ft), it has been billed as the world's largest kinetic sculpture. Kinetic Rain was created over a period of two years by artists, animators and programmers from the German design firm Art+Com. The sculpture "aims to be a source of identity for its location, and provides a moment for passengers to contemplate and reflect".
Official SIN Singapore Changi Airport Website Links
Official SIN Singapore Changi Airport Twitter Feed
More Singapore Changi Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Singapore Changi Airport Information
- Singapore Changi Airport Distance to City Centre
- Singapore Changi Airport Currency Exchange
- Singapore Changi Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Singapore Changi Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Singapore Changi Airport Maps
- Singapore Changi Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Singapore Changi Airport Taxi Service
- Singapore Changi Airport Onsite Hotels
- Singapore Changi Airport Private Transfer Services
- Singapore Changi Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Singapore Changi Airport Location & Address
- Singapore Changi Airport Train & Subway
- Singapore Changi Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Singapore Changi Airport Shuttle
- Singapore Changi Airport Buses & Coaches
- Singapore Changi Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Singapore Changi Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Singapore Changi Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Singapore Changi Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Singapore Changi Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to SIN Singapore Changi Airport
- Singapore Changi Airport Services & Amenities