Official Cabo Airport Taxi Service
Official Cabo Airport Taxi Recommendations
IHateTaxis.com has a mixed recommendation on the official Cabo Airport taxi service.
Cabo Airport taxi service is expensive, so if you can find another Cabo Airport transfer method you are comfortable with, take that instead. Or, for the same money take an alternative transportation from Cabo Airport, such as a private car or limo.(Read More about Official Cabo Airport Taxis Below)
** Be aware that unofficial or pirate taxis operate at Cabo Airport and we have given them different safety recommendations as discussed below.
Official Cabo Airport Taxi Rates & Fares
Cabo Airport transfer with Cabo Airport taxi cab fares are fixed, so expect to be quoted:
Average fares (1-5 people):
- Downtown San José: MXN 450
- Hotel Zone San José: MXN 550
- Coral Baja, La Joya Costa Azul and Palmilla: MXN 600
- Westin, Cabo Real, Marbella, La Playa: MXN 750
- Chileno, Hotel Zone Cabo San Lucas: MXN 850
- Zona Hotelera: MXN 450
- Coral Baja-Palmilla: MXN 550
- Westin-Hotel Cabo Dolphins: MXN 650
Drivers may accept both US and Canadian Dollars.
San José del Cabo Taxi Tipping Recommendation: Tipping optional, 10%
Official Cabo Airport Taxi Details
Cabo Airport taxi photo
Cabo Airport transfer is available from Cabo Airport taxi cab service right outside all Cabo Airport terminals. Make sure to look for official Cabo Airport taxis only.
Los Cabos Express, one of the Cabo Airport taxi providers, maintains a desk at SJD Airport that is open 10:00 - 18:00, Monday to Saturday.
The Cabo Airport taxi ride to Cabo takes about 45 minutes.
A more fun (and significantly cheaper) bike taxi is in the photo. But you'll have to wait until you are in town.
- Advice on dealing with Cabo Airport taxi drivers.
- Advice on avoiding potential disagreements with Cabo Airport taxi drivers.
Pirate Cabo Airport Taxi Serivce
Cabo Airport taxi touts will approach you to sell Cabo Airport transfer taxi services. They will work hard to get your attention, but walk right by, unless of course you like spending a lot of money.
IHateTaxis.com does not recommend the pirate Cabo Airport taxi service.
Cabo Airport taxi touts will probably rip you off.
Cabo Airport Taxi Scams
Cash Up Front
There is absolutely no reason to pay your Cabo Airport taxi driver before you get in the cab, so don't fall for this one if you would like to make it to your hotel in under an hour.
There are timeshare scams operating at SJD Airport that you should be aware of. Be suspicious of offers of free transportation from Cabo Airport as this is a lure to make you look at a timeshare.
Ignore the suggestion if your Cabo Airport taxi driver tells you that your hotel in Cabo (or elsewhere) is closed or is a poor choice. In this scam, it's an attempt by your driver to earn a commission by taking you somewhere else.
Ripoff Return Trip
Another cash grab to watch out for - NEVER pay for your return trip when you are dropped off at your hotel and ignore the comment that taxis are hard to find to go to the SJD Airport. There are a lot of taxis around town and you will have no problem getting to the airport for a lot cheaper than the cash now scam -- if the driver even shows up!
More Cabo Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Cabo Airport Information
- Cabo Airport Distance to City Centre
- Cabo Airport Currency Exchange
- Cabo Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Cabo Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Cabo Airport Maps
- Cabo Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Cabo Airport Taxi Service
- Cabo Airport Onsite Hotels
- Cabo Airport Private Transfer Services
- Cabo Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Cabo Airport Location & Address
- Cabo Airport Train & Subway
- Cabo Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Cabo Airport Shuttle
- Cabo Airport Buses & Coaches
- Cabo Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Cabo Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Cabo Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Cabo Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Cabo Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to SJD Cabo Airport
- Cabo Airport Services & Amenities