Official Ixtapa Airport Taxi Service
Official Ixtapa Airport Taxi Recommendations
IHateTaxis.com has a mixed recommendation on the official Ixtapa Airport taxi service.
Taking a taxi from Ixtapa Airport is faster than taking a colective (shuttle), but it will cost you quite a bit more.(Read More about Official Ixtapa Airport Taxis Below)
** Be aware that unofficial or pirate taxis operate at Ixtapa Airport and we have given them different safety recommendations as discussed below.
Official Ixtapa Airport Taxi Rates & Fares
Fares vary by destination.
Sample Ixtapa Airport taxi fare rates:
- Ixtapa: MXN 290
- Zihuatanejo MXN 250
- Playa La Ropa MXN 290
- Playa Linda MXN 340
- Playa Blanca MXN 250
Drivers will accept both US and Canadian Dollars
Zihuatanejo Taxi Tipping Recommendation: Tipping optional, 10%
Official Ixtapa Airport Taxi Details
Ixtapa Airport taxi photo
Ixtapa Airport taxi service is available outside the Arrivals hall. Each taxi can carry up to 4 passengers.
Be sure to purchase your tickets at the taxi counter inside the terminal before heading outside.
- Advice on dealing with Ixtapa Airport taxi drivers.
- Advice on avoiding potential disagreements with Ixtapa Airport taxi drivers.
Unofficial Ixtapa Airport Taxi Service or Hire Points
City cabs are not allowed to pick-up passengers at the airport.
Pirate Ixtapa Airport Taxi Serivce
Aggressive taxi touts will try to convince you to take their cab. Don't.
IHateTaxis.com does not recommend the pirate Ixtapa Airport taxi service.
You'll be ripped off.
Ixtapa Airport Taxi Scams
There are timeshare scams operating at Ixtapa Airport. Beware of offers of free transportation to town from the airport as it is a lure to have you look at a timeshare. The taxi driver will make a commission by bringing you to town. This may include the 'purchase' of your taxi ticket from the official counter!
Some taxi drivers at Ixtapa Airport will scoff at the name of your hotel, telling tell you that it's a poor choice - or even closed - in an attempt to earn a commission by taking you elsewhere.
Cash Up Front
No, you don't have to pay your Ixtapa taxi fare to your driver before you get in the cab, so don't fall for this one.
Ripoff Return Trip
There is NEVER a good reason to pay for your return trip to Ixtapa Airport when your taxi drops you off at your hotel. Ignore whatever your driver says about taxis being hard. This is a clear cash grab scam, and it's not likely the driver will return for you anyways. There are plenty of taxis serving the tourist areas and you'll have no problem getting back to the airport for a lot less than the "cash now" scam.
More Ixtapa Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Ixtapa Airport Information
- Ixtapa Airport Distance to City Centre
- Ixtapa Airport Currency Exchange
- Ixtapa Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Ixtapa Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Ixtapa Airport Maps
- Ixtapa Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Ixtapa Airport Taxi Service
- Ixtapa Airport Onsite Hotels
- Ixtapa Airport Private Transfer Services
- Ixtapa Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Ixtapa Airport Location & Address
- Ixtapa Airport Train & Subway
- Ixtapa Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Ixtapa Airport Shuttle
- Ixtapa Airport Buses & Coaches
- Ixtapa Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Ixtapa Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Ixtapa Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Ixtapa Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Ixtapa Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to ZIH Ixtapa Airport
- Ixtapa Airport Services & Amenities