AKL Auckland Airport Info & Guide
Where is Auckland Airport? Auckland owes its natural character to its location, built on a volcanic field. It also has the world's largest Polynesian population, giving the city an interesting cultural mix.
Auckland is New Zealand's largest city, and consistently rates in the top 5 in international quality-of-life polls.
Auckland International Airport (IATA: AKL, ICAO: NZAA), or simply Auckland Airport, is located near Mangere, a residential suburb and Airport Oaks, a service hub suburb, 21 kilometres (13 miles) south of downtown Auckland, Auckland Region, on the North Island, New Zealand.
In 2012, Auckland Airport served 14,160,640 passengers, making it New Zealand's busiest airport.
Auckland Airport is a hub for Air New Zealand, Jetstar Airways and Virgin Australia. Other airlines that fly to Auckland Airport include Air Tahiti, Air Vanuatu, Cathay Pacific, China Airlines, China Southern Airlines, Emirates, Fiji Airways, Great Barrier Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, Korean Air, LAN Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, Singapore Airlines, Sunair and Thai Airways International.
Cities with flights to Auckland Airport include Bangkok, Brisbane, Chatham Islands, Christchurch, Denpasar/Bali, Dubai, Gold Coast, Great Barrier Island, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, Honolulu, Kuala Lumpur, London, Los Angeles, Melbourne, Norfolk Island, Osaka, Papeete, Perth, Rarotonga, San Francisco, Santiago de Chile, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney, Taipei, Tokyo, Vancouver and Wellington.
Your best bet for a Auckland Airport transfer is the bus. Details on all options are included in this guide.
Or, to arrive stress free, pre-book your shared Aukland Airport shuttle from IHateTaxis.
Other Items of Interest at Auckland Airport
Note that there is a free Auckland Airport shuttle service that runs between the domestic and international terminals at AKL Auckland International Airport with departures about every 15 minutes. Alternatively you can walk between the terminals in about 10-15 minutes by following the thick blue line painted on the ground.
Auckland Airport services include:
- Emperor Lounge - fee
- Jetts Fitness Centre - open 24 hours
- Auckland Airport Campervan Park - see the Other section for information
Official AKL Auckland Airport Website Links
More Auckland Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Auckland Airport Information
- Auckland Airport Distance to City Centre
- Auckland Airport Currency Exchange
- Auckland Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Auckland Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Auckland Airport Maps
- Auckland Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Auckland Airport Taxi Service
- Auckland Airport Onsite Hotels
- Auckland Airport Private Transfer Services
- Auckland Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Auckland Airport Location & Address
- Auckland Airport Train & Subway
- Auckland Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Auckland Airport Shuttle
- Auckland Airport Buses & Coaches
- Auckland Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Auckland Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Auckland Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Auckland Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Auckland Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to AKL Auckland Airport
- Auckland Airport Services & Amenities