BCN Barcelona Airport Info & Guide
Where is Barcelona Airport?
Located on Spain's Mediterranean coast, the Catalan city of Barcelona has a rich history dating back 2,000 years when it was a Roman town named Barcino.
Today, this very modern, yet incredibly old city is fantastic for exploring. From fantastic architecture and museums to shopping and spectacular beaches, Barcelona is one of Europe's most popular cities.
Barcelona International Airport (IATA: BCN, ICAO: LEBL), officially Barcelona El Prat International Airport, or Barcelona El Prat Airport, simply known as Barcelona Airport, is located 12 kilometres (7.5 miles) southwest of Barcelona city centre, Catalonia, Spain. The facility lies partly in the municipality of El Prat de Llobregat, giving the airport its name.
Barcelona Airport is one of three airports that serve Barcelona. Two others, Barcelona Girona Airport (GRO) and Barcelona Reus Airport (REU), both located some distance away, are used by low cost carriers.
In 2012, Barcelona Airport served 35,145,176 passengers, making it the country's 2nd busiest airport behind Madrid Barajas International Airport (MAD), the 9th busiest in Europe and the 34th busiest in the world.
BCN is a hub for Iberia Regional, Ryanair and Vueling. Other airlines that fly to Barcelona Airport include Aeroflot, Air Berlin, Air Canada, Air Europa, Air France, Air Transat, Alitalia, American Airlines, British Airways, Delta Air Lines, easyJet, El Al, Emirates, Finnair, Flybe, Germanwings, KLM, Lufthansa, Swiss International Air Lines, TAP Portugal, United Airlines and US Airways.
Cities with flights to Barcelona Airport include Algiers, Amsterdam, Athens, Atlanta, Bogota, Brussels, Buenos Aires, Casablanca, Doha, Dubai, Dubrovnik, Frankfurt, Istanbul, Kiev, Lisbon, London, Marrakech, Miami, Milan, Moscow, Nador, New York, Oslo, Paris, Reykjavik, Rhodes, Rome, São Paulo, Singapore, St. Petersburg, Tangier, Tel Aviv, Toronto, Vienna and Zurich.
Your best bet for a Barcelona Airport transfer is the train. Details on all options are included in this guide.
Or, to truly arrive stress free, treat yourself to a private Barcelona Airport transfer from IHateTaxis.
Other Items of Interest at Barcelona Airport
Services at Barcelona Airport include:
- Pau Casals Lounge (fee) - Terminal T1 (awarded "Best Lounge in the World 2013" and "Global Lounge of the Year Award 2013", by Priority Pass)
- Joan Miró Lounge (fee) - Terminal T1, second floor (P2)
- Colomer Lounge (fee) - T1, first floor (P1)
- Canudas Lounge (fee) - T2 B, first floor (P1), Module M3
- Business Centre - T1
- Mobile phone charging (lockable, EUR 1 for 30 minutes) - T1, Floor 1 (Sky Centre, Boarding Area B); T2 B, Floor 1 (Module M3); T2 C, Floor 1 (Module M1)
- Duty free
Official BCN Barcelona Airport Website Links
Official BCN Barcelona Airport Twitter Feed
More Barcelona Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Barcelona Airport Information
- Barcelona Airport Distance to City Centre
- Barcelona Airport Currency Exchange
- Barcelona Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Barcelona Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Barcelona Airport Maps
- Barcelona Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Barcelona Airport Taxi Service
- Barcelona Airport Onsite Hotels
- Barcelona Airport Private Transfer Services
- Barcelona Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Barcelona Airport Location & Address
- Barcelona Airport Train & Subway
- Barcelona Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Barcelona Airport Shuttle
- Barcelona Airport Buses & Coaches
- Barcelona Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Barcelona Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Barcelona Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Barcelona Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Barcelona Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to BCN Barcelona Airport
- Barcelona Airport Services & Amenities