HNL Public Honolulu Airport Bus Transfers
Honolulu Airport Public Bus Recommendations
IHateTaxis.com has a mixed recommendation on the Honolulu Airport public bus.
Public transport is the most economic way into and out of the HNL Honolulu International Airport, but it can also be the slowest form of Honolulu ground transportation. So be prepared for a longer trip, particularly during rush hour.
Honolulu Airport Public Bus Fares & Payment
Honolulu Airport Public Bus Details
Honolulu Airport public bus photo
There are two Honolulu Airport bus routes of interest to tourists from the HNL Honolulu International Airport and both go from the HNL airport to Waikiki.
The Bus Route No 19 to Honolulu and Waikiki departs from the HNL Honolulu International Airport Departures area. Buses depart the airport heading for Honolulu and Waikiki, Monday to Friday at 05:09, 05:19, 06:27, then every 12-40 minutes until 00:09 and 01:24. Buses after 23:39 do not go beyond Ala Moana/Ward. On weekends this service departs at 05:10, 05:40, 06:59, then once or twice an hour until 00:09 and 01:24. State Holidays run at similar times to weekend services.
Buses leave Waikiki (Montsarrat/Kalakaua) heading for the HNL airport Monday to Friday at 04:50, then every 12-40 minutes until 23:57. Travel time is approximately 45 minutes to Ala Moana Shopping Center and approximately 70 minutes to Waikiki. Fare for Adults is USD 2, youth (6-17 years), seniors USD 1 and children under 6 travel free.
Bus Route No 20 goes from Pearlridge Shopping Center in Aiea, Kamehameha Highway/Salt Lake to Honolulu Airport (Departures level), Nimitz/Puuhale, Iwilei/King, King/Punchbowl, Ala Moana/Ward - Ala Moana Shopping Center, Saratoga/Kalakaua and Montsarrat/Kalakaua. Buses depart the airport heading for Honolulu and Waikiki Monday to Friday at 05:30, 06:10, 06:52, then once or twice an hour until 18:31. Weekends at 06:04, 06:49, 07:41, then once or twice an hour until 17:56. State Holidays run at similar times to weekend services.
Buses leave Waikiki (Montsarrat/Kalakaua) heading for the airport Monday to Friday at 06:15, then once or twice an hour until 17:32. On weekends this service departs at 06:00, then once or twice an hour until 17:15. State Holidays run at similar times to weekend services. Travel time to Ala Moana Shopping Center is 45 minutes and to Waikiki approximately 70 minutes. Fare for Adults USD 2, youth (6-17 years) and seniors USD 1 and children under 6 travel free.
Honolulu Airport Bus Schedule Planner
Private HNL Honolulu Airport Bus Transfers
More Honolulu Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Honolulu Airport Information
- Honolulu Airport Distance to City Centre
- Honolulu Airport Currency Exchange
- Honolulu Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Honolulu Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Honolulu Airport Maps
- Honolulu Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Honolulu Airport Taxi Service
- Honolulu Airport Onsite Hotels
- Honolulu Airport Private Transfer Services
- Honolulu Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Honolulu Airport Location & Address
- Honolulu Airport Train & Subway
- Honolulu Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Honolulu Airport Shuttle
- Honolulu Airport Buses & Coaches
- Honolulu Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Honolulu Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Honolulu Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Honolulu Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Honolulu Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to HNL Honolulu Airport
- Honolulu Airport Services & Amenities