Official Heathrow Airport Taxi Service
Official Heathrow Airport Taxi Recommendations
IHateTaxis.com recommends the official Heathrow Airport taxi service.
This is a reliable and safe form of ground transportation and reasonably priced for London.(Read More about Official Heathrow Airport Taxis Below)
** Be aware that unofficial or pirate taxis operate at Heathrow Airport and we have given them different safety recommendations as discussed below.
Official Heathrow Airport Taxi Rates & Fares
Central London GBP 40-70 Travel time: 30-60 minutes
Fares by mileage:
One mile GBP 4.40-8 Travel time: 5-12 minutes Two miles GBP 6.90-11.60 Travel time: 8-15 minutes Four miles GBP 11-21 Travel time: 15-30 minutes Six miles GBP 17-32 Travel time: 20-40 minutes
- Always confirm with your Heathrow Airport taxi driver if they take credit or bank cards and if there are any card fees.
London Taxi Tipping Recommendation: Recommended in london only, otherwise optional, 10-15% in London, GBP 1-2 elsewhere
Official Heathrow Airport Taxi Details
Heathrow Airport taxi photo
Travelling by taxi is one of the most flexible ways to get around London. Services operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year subject to local availability. London licensed taxis stop at the taxi ranks outside each Heathrow Airport terminal.
The journey time to central London takes between 30 minutes to an hour. Journeys which are both inside London and within 20 miles of LHR Heathrow Airport are priced using the taxi meter. The fare for travel outside London should be agreed beforehand with the driver. All black taxis operating from the official Heathrow taxi rank are licensed.
- Advice on dealing with Heathrow Airport taxi drivers.
- Advice on avoiding potential disagreements with Heathrow Airport taxi drivers.
Pirate Heathrow Airport Taxi Serivce
It is illegal for anybody, including a licensed taxi or private hire driver or operator to approach you offering a journey for payment. This is known as touting. Always use a licensed private hire operator or taxi. Licensed private hire drivers must have a licence or temporary permit. All licensed private hire vehicles must display the yellow licence disc on the front and rear windscreens. Taxi drivers MUST wear their distinctive metal driver's badge.
IHateTaxis.com does not recommend the pirate Heathrow Airport taxi service.
Avoid breaking the law and facing a fine and rather stick with licensed taxis!
More Heathrow Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Heathrow Airport Information
- Heathrow Airport Distance to City Centre
- Heathrow Airport Currency Exchange
- Heathrow Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Heathrow Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Heathrow Airport Maps
- Heathrow Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Heathrow Airport Taxi Service
- Heathrow Airport Onsite Hotels
- Heathrow Airport Private Transfer Services
- Heathrow Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Heathrow Airport Location & Address
- Heathrow Airport Train & Subway
- Heathrow Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Heathrow Airport Shuttle
- Heathrow Airport Buses & Coaches
- Heathrow Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Heathrow Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Heathrow Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Heathrow Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Heathrow Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to LHR Heathrow Airport
- Heathrow Airport Services & Amenities