MIA Miami Airport Info & Guide
Where is Miami Airport?
Next to the Gulf Stream's warm ocean currents, on a broad plain between the Florida Everglades and Biscayne Bay (home to hundreds of natural and artificially created barrier islands), lies the city of Miami.
Famous for its beaches, shopping, cuisine and nightlife, Miami is also a major centre of international trade, commerce, media, culture, entertainment and the arts.
Miami International Airport (IATA: MIA, ICAO: KMIA, FAA LID: MIA), formerly named Wilcox Field, and often simply referred to as MIA, sits northwest of central Miami, in Miami-Dade County, Florida, United States.
Airlines flying out of Miami include Aerolineas Argentinas, Aeroméxico, Air Canada, Air France, American Airlines (hub), American Eagle (hub), Avianca, British Airways, Caribbean Airlines, Copa Airlines, Corsair International, Delta, Insel Air, Interjet, LAN Airlines (focus), Lufthansa, Miami Air (hub), SBA Airlines, TACA Peru, TAM Airlines, United, Virgin Atlantic Airways and WestJet.
The top international destinations from MIA are Bogota, Buenos Aires, Lima, London, Mexico City, Panama City, Paris, Port-au-Prince, São Paulo and Toronto.
The busiest domestic USA destinations served from MIA include Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York, Orlando, San Juan (Puerto Rico) and Washington DC.
Your best bet for a Miami Airport transfer is the new train. Details on all options are included in this guide.
Or, to truly arrive stress free, treat yourself to a private Miami Airport transfer from IHateTaxis.
Other Items of Interest at Miami Airport
Miami Airport is featured in the Travel Channel's “Airport 24/7: Miami” television series, now in its 2nd season.
Miami Airport services include:
- Military Hospitality Lounge (newly renovated, baseball themed, 9am-9pm) - Terminal E / Concourse E, 2nd level
- VIP clubs and lounges
- Award winning mobile app
- Art exhibitions
- Baggage storage (up tp 60 days) (hours, rates) - Central Terminal E, 2nd level
- Skyride Connector (moving sidewalks) connect terminals, parking garages and the MIA Mover station (which runs to the Car Rental Centre) - 3rd level
- Tourist Information Counters - Central Terminal E, 2nd level
- Volunteer MIA Ambassadors
- Animal relief areas ("doggy parks") equipped with dual surfaces and waste disposal stations - North Terminal D (Arrival level), Central Terminal E and South Terminal J.
Official MIA Miami Airport Website Links
Official MIA Miami Airport Twitter Feed
More Miami Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Miami Airport Information
- Miami Airport Distance to City Centre
- Miami Airport Currency Exchange
- Miami Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Miami Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Miami Airport Maps
- Miami Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Miami Airport Taxi Service
- Miami Airport Onsite Hotels
- Miami Airport Private Transfer Services
- Miami Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Miami Airport Location & Address
- Miami Airport Train & Subway
- Miami Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Miami Airport Shuttle
- Miami Airport Buses & Coaches
- Miami Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Miami Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Miami Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Miami Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Miami Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to MIA Miami Airport
- Miami Airport Services & Amenities