MCO Orlando Airport Info & Guide
Where is Orlando Airport?
Orlando is associated with the many adjacent theme parks and attractions that surround it, including Walt Disney World, Universal Studios and Sea World, attracting more than 50 million tourists a year.
Visitors to the city itself will find a city free of the attractions that define it. Downtown there boasts a lake (complete with swans), park, outdoor concerts, and an area packed with bars and restaurants. Visit Little Brazil, Little India and Little Saigon for variety.
Orlando International Airport (IATA: MCO, ICAO: KMCO, FAA LID: MCO), also referred to as Orlando McCoy Airport, or simply Orlando Airport, is located 9.7 kilometres (6 miles) southeast of central Orlando, in Orange County, Florida, United States.
In 2011, Orlando International Airport served 35,426,006 passengers, making it the 13th busiest airport in the United States and the 28th busiest airport in the world. MCO is Florida's 2nd busiest airport, after Miami International Airport (MIA).
The Greater Orlando area is also served by Orlando Sanford International Airport (SFB), and more indirectly by Daytona Beach International Airport (DAB), Orlando Melbourne International Airport (MLB), and Tampa International Airport (TPA).
Orlando International Airport serves as a focus city for JetBlue Airways and Southwest Airlines. Other airlines that fly to MCO include Aer Lingus, Aeroméxico, Air Canada, Air Transat, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, British Airways, Delta Air Lines, Frontier Airlines, Lufthansa, Spirit Airlines, Sunwing Airlines, United Airlines, US Airways, Virgin America, Virgin Atlantic, Volaris and WestJet.
The busiest international routes from MCO are Bogotá, Frankfurt, London, Manchester, Mexico City, Montréal, Nassau, Panama City, São Paulo and Toronto. Other international cities with flights to Orlando Airport include Curaçao, Glasgow, Guatemala City, Manchester, Nassau, San Salvador and Santo Domingo.
MCO's busiest domestic routes are Atlanta, Baltimore, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Miami, New York and Philadelphia.
Your best bet for a Orlando Airport transfer is a shuttle. Details on all options are included in this guide.
Or, to truly arrive stress free, treat yourself to a private Orlando International Airport transfer from IHateTaxis.
Other Items of Interest at Orlando Airport
Orlando Airport services include:
- FedEx, UPS and Postal dropboxes
- Medical clinic
- Xpress Spa
- Internet kioskd
A little trivia about the MCO airport code:
- MCO stands for the airport's former name, McCoy Air Force Base
- Because MCO is near Disney World, the airport's code is jokingly referred to as "Mickey's Corporate Office"
Official MCO Orlando Airport Website Links
Official MCO Orlando Airport Twitter Feed
More Orlando Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Orlando Airport Information
- Orlando Airport Distance to City Centre
- Orlando Airport Currency Exchange
- Orlando Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Orlando Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Orlando Airport Maps
- Orlando Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Orlando Airport Taxi Service
- Orlando Airport Onsite Hotels
- Orlando Airport Private Transfer Services
- Orlando Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Orlando Airport Location & Address
- Orlando Airport Train & Subway
- Orlando Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Orlando Airport Shuttle
- Orlando Airport Buses & Coaches
- Orlando Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Orlando Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Orlando Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Orlando Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Orlando Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to MCO Orlando Airport
- Orlando Airport Services & Amenities