PHL Philadelphia Airport Info & Guide
Where is Philadelphia Airport?
Philadelphia. Not only was cheesesteak born here, so was American democracy (you can see the Liberty Bell in the historic Old City). In Philly you can find evidence of famous resident Benjamin Franklin, visit the home of Edgar Allen Poe or take a vintage trolley to Philadelphia Zoo. There's lots of history here!
Modern Philadelphia is also home to the largest collection of public art in America, much of it located in the city's vibrant and populous downtown core, or Center City.
Philadelphia International Airport (IATA: PHL, ICAO: KPHL, FAA LID: PHL), also referred to as Philadelphia Airport or simply Philly Airport, serves the city of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States.
In 2015, Philadelphia Airport served 31,444,403 passengers.
Philly Airport is US Airways' primary international hub. Other airlines serving PHL include Air Canada, Air France, AirTran, American Airlines, British Airways, Delta Air Lines, Frontier, Lufthansa, Southwest, United Airlines and Virgin America.
The top international destinations served from Philly Airport are Frankfurt, London, Cancún, Toronto, Paris, Rome, Madrid, Manchester, Montréal and Munich. Aruba, Athens, Barbados, Bermuda, Brussels, Dublin, Lisbon, Montego Bay, Nassau, Punta Cana, Quebec City, St. Maarten, Tel Aviv, Venice and Zürich are also served, among others.
The most popular domestic destinations from PHL Airport are Atlanta, Orlando, Chicago, Boston, Dallas, Phoenix, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Denver and San Francisco. There are, of course, flights operating to cities all across the USA, such as Fort Myers, Houston, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Miami, New Orleans, San Antonio, San Diego, Salt Lake City, Seattle, and more.
Your best bet for a Philly Airport transfer is the PHL airport train. Details on all options are included in this guide.
Or, to truly arrive stress free, treat yourself to a private Philadelphia Airport transfer from IHateTaxis.
Other Items of Interest at Philadelphia Airport
Services at Philly Airport include:
- Charging stations airport-wide
- Visitor Center (09:30-14:30) - B/C baggage claim
- Passenger Chillin’ Zones with sofas, tables and plants
- Complimentary lemonade (hot chocolate in winter) during busy periods
- Art exhibitions
- 7 pet relief areas
- USO Lounge - Terminal A East
Official PHL Philadelphia Airport Website Links
Official PHL Philadelphia Airport Twitter Feed
More Philadelphia Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Philadelphia Airport Information
- Philadelphia Airport Distance to City Centre
- Philadelphia Airport Currency Exchange
- Philadelphia Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Philadelphia Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Philadelphia Airport Maps
- Philadelphia Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Philadelphia Airport Taxi Service
- Philadelphia Airport Onsite Hotels
- Philadelphia Airport Private Transfer Services
- Philadelphia Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Philadelphia Airport Location & Address
- Philadelphia Airport Train & Subway
- Philadelphia Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Philadelphia Airport Shuttle
- Philadelphia Airport Buses & Coaches
- Philadelphia Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Philadelphia Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Philadelphia Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Philadelphia Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Philadelphia Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to PHL Philadelphia Airport
- Philadelphia Airport Services & Amenities