Things to do in Berlin if you have a Berlin-Schönefeld Airport Layover or Extended Berlin-Schönefeld Airport Stopover
If you have an extended layover at the Berlin-Schönefeld Airport or staying in town, why not consider getting out with some fun activities? We list a few here and there are many more on Berlin.LayoverIdeas.com.
Berlin city centre is easily accessible from the SXF Berlin-SchĂ¶nefeld Airport via the S-Bahn and, for a real experience of Germany, there are so many great places to visit that you will be hard pushed to choose. Here are some ideas to help you narrow down your search for things to do on your layover in Berlin.
Unter den Linden
If you are short on time but want to know as much about Berlinâ€™s history as you can learn, take a stroll along Unter den Linden. This street is dotted with monuments to the Hohenzollern Dynasty, the Third Reich and the GDR. The Brandenburg Gate is the focal point and it was a scene of celebration when the Berlin wall came down. For a fascinating step back in time, Unter den Linden is the place to go.
No fewer than five museums inhabit an island, known as Museum Island, on the river Spree. Modelled on ancient Greece, this monument to science and art is a sight to behold. With plenty to see from ancient treasures to modern technology, Museum Island will keep many a traveller entertained until it is time to jump back on the S-Bahn and head back to SXF Berlin-SchĂ¶nefeld Airport.
If you are looking to get some activity in on your layover, stretch out those cramped, aching muscles, Grunewald forest will delight you. It is the perfect spot in Berlin for cycling, swimming, walking and horse riding and on warm sunny days the banks of the tiny lake, Teufelsee, are packed with bathers. You can also visit a Swiss-themed restaurant which contains a zoo and playground once you have burnt off some of your pent up energy.
Berliner Antik- & Flohmarkt
Shopping with a difference, if you are looking for something unique, interesting and from bygone eras the Berliner Antik- & Flohmarkt is the place to go. You can indulge yourself in rummaging through all manner of souvenirs, gifts and collectorâ€™s items looking for something that takes your fancy. There are 35 shops, restaurants and cafĂ©s in this area, which is easily accessible on the S-Bahn, and with their intriguing items for sale you will be kept very busy until you have to return to the SXF Berlin-SchĂ¶nefeld Airport.
As always, make sure you leave plenty of time to get back to SXF Berlin-SchĂ¶nefeld Airport in time for your connecting flight. Enjoy your transit city rather than whiling away the time leaning up against your luggage in the departures lounge.
More Berlin-Schönefeld Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Berlin-Schönefeld Airport Information
- Berlin-Schönefeld Airport Distance to City Centre
- Berlin-Schönefeld Airport Currency Exchange
- Berlin-Schönefeld Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Berlin-Schönefeld Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Berlin-Schönefeld Airport Maps
- Berlin-Schönefeld Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Berlin-Schönefeld Airport Taxi Service
- Berlin-Schönefeld Airport Onsite Hotels
- Berlin-Schönefeld Airport Private Transfer Services
- Berlin-Schönefeld Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Berlin-Schönefeld Airport Location & Address
- Berlin-Schönefeld Airport Train & Subway
- Berlin-Schönefeld Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Berlin-Schönefeld Airport Shuttle
- Berlin-Schönefeld Airport Buses & Coaches
- Berlin-Schönefeld Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Berlin-Schönefeld Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Berlin-Schönefeld Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Berlin-Schönefeld Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Berlin-Schönefeld Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to SXF Berlin-Schönefeld Airport
- Berlin-Schönefeld Airport Services & Amenities