TAS Tashkent Airport Info & Guide
Where is Tashkent Airport?
Tashkent, the capital of Uzbekistan and of Tashkent Province, is an ancient city, yet little architectural heritage remains due in large part to the 1966 earthquake.
The city is rich in Soviet-era monuments and significant Islamic sites though, and Tashkent holds the earliest written Qur'an.
Tashkent International Airport (IATA: TAS, ICAO: UTTT), or simply Tashkent Airport is located 12 kilometres (7.5 miles) from the centre of Tashkent City, in Tashkent Province, Uzbekistan.
Tashkent Airport serves more than 2 million passengers per year, and is Uzbekistan's busiest airport.
A new domestic terminal, Terminal 3, was opened in 2011, but the international terminal, Terminal 2, continues to operate at maximum capacity. There are plans to relocate Tashkent Airport by 2030, but that means continued massive delays for years to come.
TAS Airport is the primary hub of Uzbekistan Airways. Other airlines that fly to Tashkent Airport include Aeroflot, Air Astana, airBaltic, Asiana Airlines, Avia Traffic Company, China Southern Airlines, Czech Airlines, Iran Air, Korean Air, Kyrgyzstan Air Company, Tatarstan Airlines, Transaero Airlines, Turkish Airlines, Ural Airlines and UTair Aviation.
Cities with flights to Tashkent Airport include Almaty, Astana, Bangkok, Beijing, Bishkek, Christchurch, Delhi, Dubai, Frankfurt, Geneva, Islamabad, Istanbul, Kiev, Kuala Lumpur, Lahore, London, Madrid, Milan, Moscow, New York, Paris, Prague, Riga, Rome, St. Petersburg, Seoul, Sochi, Tehran, Tel Aviv and Tokyo.
Tashkent Airport was named #5 on the list of the World's Worst Airports 2014 by Sleeping in Airports. Check out our blog post, Layover Ideas for the World's Worst Airports, for inspiration if you get stuck here.
Your best bet for a Tashkent Airport transfer is the bus. Details on all options are included in this guide.
Or, to truly arrive stress free, treat yourself to a private Tashkent Airport transfer from IHateTaxis.
Other Items of Interest at Tashkent Airport
If you are arriving at Terminal 2, the international terminal, expect to spend 2 hours or more in customs and immigration.
If you are departing from Tashkent Airport, plan to arrive at least 3 hours prior to departure, if not more. Departures are on the upper floor. As the access road is closed, you will need to walk around the left side of Arrivals and up some stairs - or up the road.
Tashkent Airport services include:
- Duty free shops
- Restaurants and bars
- VIP lounge
Official TAS Tashkent Airport Website Links
More Tashkent Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Tashkent Airport Information
- Tashkent Airport Distance to City Centre
- Tashkent Airport Currency Exchange
- Tashkent Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Tashkent Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Tashkent Airport Maps
- Tashkent Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Tashkent Airport Taxi Service
- Tashkent Airport Onsite Hotels
- Tashkent Airport Private Transfer Services
- Tashkent Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Tashkent Airport Location & Address
- Tashkent Airport Train & Subway
- Tashkent Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Tashkent Airport Shuttle
- Tashkent Airport Buses & Coaches
- Tashkent Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Tashkent Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Tashkent Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Tashkent Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Tashkent Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to TAS Tashkent Airport
- Tashkent Airport Services & Amenities