YWG Winnipeg Airport Info & Guide
Where is Winnipeg Airport?
The point where the Assiniboine and Red Rivers meet in Winnipeg, the capital of Manitoba on the Canadian prairies, was once a fur trading post. Today "The Forks" is a popular recreation and year-round gathering spot. Winter temperatures below -15°C (5°F), even as low as -40°C (-40°F) at times, coupled with biting wind, have earned the city the nickname "Winterpeg". In summer, however, the humidex (the combined effect of heat and humidity) reaches above 30°C (86°F), and the longest day of the year lasts 16 hours. In this city of contrasts, you'll find history and architecture, multiculturalism and culture, and a resilient people.
Winnipeg International Airport (IATA: YWG, ICAO: CYWG), officially Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport, also referred to as Winnipeg Richardson Airport, or more commonly known as Winnipeg Airport, is located 8 kilometres (5 miles) from Winnipeg city centre, Manitoba, Canada.
Winnipeg Airport served 3,778,035 passengers in 2015, making it the busiest airport in the province.
Winnipeg Airport is a hub for Calm Air, Perimeter Aviation and NewLeaf. Other airlines that fly to Winnipeg Airport include Air Canada, Air Transat, Bearskin Airlines, Delta Air Lines, First Air, Sunwing Airlines, United Express and WestJet.
Note that Perimeter Aviation operates from a separate terminal building, referred to as the Perimeter Terminal.
Airlines that fly to Winnipeg Airport include Calgary, Cancún, Chicago, Churchill, Denver, Edmonton, Flin Flon, Fort Lauderdale, Halifax, Kelowna, Las Vegas, London, Mazatlan, Minneapolis, Montego Bay, Montréal, Ottawa, Palm Springs, Phoenix, Puerto Vallarta, Punta Cana, Rankin Inlet, Red Lake, Regina, Saskatoon, The Pas, Thunder Bay, Toronto, Vancouver, Varadero and Victoria.
We suggest your best bets for Winnipeg Airport transfers are taxi, the bus, or a hotel shuttle. Details are included in this guide.
Other Items of Interest at Winnipeg Airport
Services at Winnipeg Airport include:
- 7-11 convenience store
- Petro Canada gas station
- Play areas
- Chapel - Departures, near gate 4
- Information Centre kiosk (including language services) - main level, near entrance door 3
- Golding Ambassadors (volunteers) - look for their gold vests
- Duty free pre-order service - buy upon arrival, collect it upon departure from Canada
- Canadian Aviation Museum
The airport is fully operational 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Perimeter Aviation flights operate from the Perimeter Terminal.
Official YWG Winnipeg Airport Website Links
Official YWG Winnipeg Airport Twitter Feed
More Winnipeg Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Winnipeg Airport Information
- Winnipeg Airport Distance to City Centre
- Winnipeg Airport Currency Exchange
- Winnipeg Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Winnipeg Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Winnipeg Airport Maps
- Winnipeg Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Winnipeg Airport Taxi Service
- Winnipeg Airport Onsite Hotels
- Winnipeg Airport Private Transfer Services
- Winnipeg Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Winnipeg Airport Location & Address
- Winnipeg Airport Train & Subway
- Winnipeg Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Winnipeg Airport Shuttle
- Winnipeg Airport Buses & Coaches
- Winnipeg Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Winnipeg Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Winnipeg Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Winnipeg Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Winnipeg Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to YWG Winnipeg Airport
- Winnipeg Airport Services & Amenities