LAX Public Los Angeles Airport Bus Transfers
Los Angeles Airport Public Bus Recommendations
IHateTaxis.com has a mixed recommendation on the Los Angeles Airport public bus.
This is a relatively inexpensive but time consuming way to get to your final destination. Crowded conditions on the bus can make it uncomfortable if you have luggage, and there is potential exposure to petty crime.
Los Angeles Airport Public Bus Fares & Payment
Bus fares range between USD 0.75 - 7.00
Los Angeles Airport Public Bus Details
Los Angeles Airport public bus photo
The Los Angeles Airport bus departs from the LAX Transit center/MTA City Bus Centre - and you can connect to all terminals by free LAX Shuttle Bus C (see the Other Transfers page for terminal bus details).
Santa Barbara Direct, from the same green signs, runs the Santa Barbara Airbus which takes you efficiently and comfortably to Santa Barbara and environs. The fare is around USD 40 a trip. In Santa Barbara you stop at the seaside and walk a short distance to a cute trolley which takes you to the centre of town for USD 0.25.
The Big Blue Bus No 3 runs to Marina del Rey and Santa Monica. Buses leave the LAX Transit Center weekdays every 10 minutes from 05:40 to 00:10, Saturdays every 20 minutes 06:00-23:46 and Sundays every 30 minutes 06:15-00:10. The fare is USD 0.75 (disabled and seniors USD 0.25). Travel time to Santa Monica around 35 minutes, and to UCLA around 60 minutes.
Bus Line No 6 goes to UCLA Westwood via Sepulveda Blvd. Buses leave the LAX Transit Center Monday-Friday every 10-20 minutes 05:25-16:50, then every 30-60 minutes until 22:56. Weekends and holidays every 20-30 minutes 05:58-19:54 then hourly until 22:56. The journey takes approximately 60 minutes to reach UCLA. Fare is USD 0.75 (disabled and seniors USD 0.25).
Torrance Bus T8 to Torrance LAX Transit Center goes via Douglas Blvd to Aviation Blvd, Manhattan Beach, Artesia Blvd, Hawthorne Blvd, Del Amo Fashion Center and Torrance. Buses leave the LAX Transit Center Monday-Friday every 20-35 minutes 06:00-22:35, then every 30-60 minutes until 22:56. A reduced service is available on weekends and holidays. Travel times takes approximately 60 minutes to reach Torrance. Fare is USD 0.75 (disabled and seniors USD 0.25).
Metrobus No 42 runs to Downtown Los Angeles/Union Station enroute to Transit Center. This service stops at Stocker/Crenshaw, M.L. King Jr/Vermont, Patsaouras Transit Center and Union Station. Buses leave the LAX Transit Center Monday-Friday,every 20-30 minutes 05:11-19:06, Later buses only go on part of the route. On Saturdays it runs every 30-40 minutes 05:42-19:06 and Sundays and holidays every 60 minutes 07:15-19:07. Fare is USD 0.75 (disabled and seniors USD 0.25).
For information on the LAX FlyAway shuttle bus between Union Station (Downtown Los Angeles), Van Nuys (San Fernando Valley) and Westwood (West Los Angeles), see the Shuttle page.
Los Angeles Airport Bus Schedule Planner
Private LAX Los Angeles Airport Bus Transfers
More Los Angeles Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Los Angeles Airport Information
- Los Angeles Airport Distance to City Centre
- Los Angeles Airport Currency Exchange
- Los Angeles Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Los Angeles Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Los Angeles Airport Maps
- Los Angeles Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Los Angeles Airport Taxi Service
- Los Angeles Airport Onsite Hotels
- Los Angeles Airport Private Transfer Services
- Los Angeles Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Los Angeles Airport Location & Address
- Los Angeles Airport Train & Subway
- Los Angeles Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Los Angeles Airport Shuttle
- Los Angeles Airport Buses & Coaches
- Los Angeles Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Los Angeles Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Los Angeles Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Los Angeles Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Los Angeles Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to LAX Los Angeles Airport
- Los Angeles Airport Services & Amenities