LGA LaGuardia Airport Info & Guide
Where is LaGuardia Airport?
There's no other place like it on earth. A global centre of international finance, politics and communications, New York is home to the United Nations, most countries' consulates, and the biggest, most influential corporations. Nothing major happens here that doesn't have implications around the world.
"The Big Apple" is at the centre of the fashion, music and film worlds, and is considered a centre of culture. Manhattan boasts many world-class museums, art galleries, and theatres, and is the lifeblood of the "city that never sleeps".
LaGuardia Airport (IATA: LGA, ICAO: KLGA, FAA LID: LGA), also referred to as New York LaGuardia Airport, is located in Queens County on Long Island, in the the City of New York, in New York state, United States. The airport is named in honour of Fiorello H. La Guardia, a former mayor of New York who built the airport.
The New York City metropolitan area is served by three major airports: John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), LaGuardia Airport (LGA), and Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR). In 2015, JFK Airport served 53.2 million passengers, Newark served 35.6 million, and LaGuardia served 26.9 million, for a total of 115.7 million passengers combined.
Together, they make up the second busiest airport system in the world, after London. Of the three, LaGuardia Airport is particularly popular with domestic passengers, due to its central location and proximity to Manhattan.
LaGuardia Airport is a hub for American Airlines and Delta Airlines. The busiest of the other airlines that fly to LaGuardia Airport include Air Canada, Frontier Airlines, JetBlue, Southwest Airlines, Spirit Airlines, United Airlines, US Airways and WestJet.
The busiest routes to/from LaGuardia Airport Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Orlando and Washington DC. Other cities with flights to New York via LaGuardia Airport include Aruba, Bermuda, Boston, Halifax, Martha's Vineyard, Montreal, Nantucket, Nassau, New Orleans, Ottawa and Toronto.
LaGuardia Airport was named #10 on the list of the World's Worst Airports 2014 by Sleeping in Airports. Check out our blog post, Layover Ideas for the World's Worst Airports, for inspiration if you get stuck here.
Your best bet for a LaGuardia Airport transfer is a shuttle. Details on all options are included in this guide.
Other Items of Interest at LaGuardia Airport
Services at LaGuardia Airport include:
- Dental office (10:00-17:00 Monday to Friday) - Terminal B, West Wing-3rd Floor
- Xpress Spa - Terminal C, Shopping Mall
- Nursing/lactation suite - Terminal B, Concourse A
- Customer Care Representatives - look for their distinctive red jackets
- Free FlySmart app - iPhone, Android and Blackberry
- Power poles - for charging your devices
The Marine Air Terminal (MAT) is a designated heritage site, and worth a visit if you have a layover at LaGuardia. See the Layover page for more information.
Official LGA LaGuardia Airport Website Links
Official LGA LaGuardia Airport Twitter Feed
More LaGuardia Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- LaGuardia Airport Information
- LaGuardia Airport Distance to City Centre
- LaGuardia Airport Currency Exchange
- LaGuardia Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- LaGuardia Airport Wireless Internet Access
- LaGuardia Airport Maps
- LaGuardia Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- LaGuardia Airport Taxi Service
- LaGuardia Airport Onsite Hotels
- LaGuardia Airport Private Transfer Services
- LaGuardia Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- LaGuardia Airport Location & Address
- LaGuardia Airport Train & Subway
- LaGuardia Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- LaGuardia Airport Shuttle
- LaGuardia Airport Buses & Coaches
- LaGuardia Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- LaGuardia Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- LaGuardia Airport Other Ground Transportation
- LaGuardia Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- LaGuardia Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to LGA LaGuardia Airport
- LaGuardia Airport Services & Amenities