EWR Newark Airport Info & Guide
Where is Newark Airport?
New York City is a city like no other. A global centre of finance, politics and communications, the city is home to the United Nations, consulates of most countries and many of the world's largest corporations. Decisions made here have influence and ramifications around the world.
Nicknamed "The Big Apple", NYC is at the centre film, music and fashion. Manhattan is home to many world-class museums, art galleries, and theatres, all at the heart of the "city that never sleeps".
Newark International Airport (IATA: EWR, ICAO: KEWR, FAA LID: EWR), officially Newark Liberty International Airport, also referred to as Newark Metropolitan Airport, New York Newark Airport, or simply Newark Airport, straddles the municipal boundary between Newark and Elizabeth, New Jersey, United States. EWR is located about 24 kilometres (5 miles) southwest of Manhattan, New York City.
The New York City metropolitan area is served by three major airports: John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), LaGuardia Airport (LGA), and Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR). In 2015, JFK Airport served 53.2 million passengers, Newark served 35.6 million, and LaGuardia served 26.9 million, for a total of 115.7 million passengers combined.
Together, they make up the second busiest airport system in the world, after London.
Newark Airport is a hub for United Airlines. Of the other airlines that fly to Newark Airport, the busiest are Air Canada, American Airlines,Delta Air Lines, JetBlue, Lufthansa, Scandinavian Airlines, Southwest Airlines, US Airways and Virgin Atlantic.
The cities with the busiest routes to/from Newark Airport are Amsterdam, Brussels, Frankfurt, London, Mumbai, Munich, Paris, Tel Aviv and Toronto. Other cities with flights to Newark Airport included Beijing, Bogotá, Buenos Aires, Calgary, Copenhagen, Istanbul, Montréal, Port-au-Prince, Rome, San Salvador, Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo, Vancouver, as well as many domestic cities.
Your best bet for a Newark Airport transfer is the train. Details on all options are included in this guide.
Other Items of Interest at Newark Airport
Services at Newark Airport include:
- Nursing/lactation suites - B2 concourse (near gates 50-57), B3 concourse (near gates 60-68)
- Customer Care Representatives - look for their distinctive red jackets
- Free FlySmart app - iPhone, Android and Blackberry
- Power poles - for charging your devices
- British Airways Galleries Lounge - Terminal B
- Metropolitan Museum of Art Store - Terminal C
- Interfaith Chapel - Pre-security, between gates C70-99 and C101-115
Official EWR Newark Airport Website Links
Official EWR Newark Airport Twitter Feed
More Newark Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Newark Airport Information
- Newark Airport Distance to City Centre
- Newark Airport Currency Exchange
- Newark Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Newark Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Newark Airport Maps
- Newark Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Newark Airport Taxi Service
- Newark Airport Onsite Hotels
- Newark Airport Private Transfer Services
- Newark Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Newark Airport Location & Address
- Newark Airport Train & Subway
- Newark Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Newark Airport Shuttle
- Newark Airport Buses & Coaches
- Newark Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Newark Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Newark Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Newark Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Newark Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to EWR Newark Airport
- Newark Airport Services & Amenities