AUS Austin Bergstrom Airport Info & Guide
Where is Austin Bergstrom Airport?
Austin, the capital of Texas, is situated on the north bank of the Colorado River, with three man-made lakes within the city limits. Home to many high tech companies, Austin has earned the nickname "Silicon Hills". Long known as the city of the "Violet Crown" for the violet glow of the surrounding hills at sunset, the sight is only more beautiful today as backdrop to Austin's unique cityscape.
The famous South by Southwest (SXSW) annual music festival helped to solidify Austin's place in the music industry. The "Live Music Capital of the World" slogan references the city's many live music venues and musicians, and the long-running Austin City Limits televised concert series (it's the name of a festival too).
Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (IATA: AUS, ICAO: KAUS, FAA LID: AUS, formerly BSM), also known as Austin-Bergstrom Airport, Bergstom Airport, or simply Austin Airport, sits just southeast of the central business district of Austin, Texas, United States. The former US Air Force Base was named for Captain John August Earl Bergstrom.
In 2014, AUS Airport served 10,718,854 passengers.
Airlines flying to Austin Airport include Air Canada, AirTran Airways, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, American Eagle, British Airways, Branson Air Express, Delta Air Lines, Delta Connection, Frontier Airlines, JetBlue, Southwest, United Airlines, United Express, US Airways and US Airways Express.
International flights operate to Cancun, Mexico and London, United Kingdom. The top domestic destinations served by Austin Airport are Dallas, Houston, Denver, Atlanta, Phoenix, Los Angeles, Chicago and Las Vegas. Other destinations served include Baltimore, Boston, Branson, Charlotte, Detroit, El Paso, Fort Lauderdale, Harlingen, Long Beach, Lubbock, Memphis, Minneapolis, Nashville, New York, Oakland, Orlando, Philadelphia, Portland (OR), Salt Lake City, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (CA), Seattle, Tampa, Toronto and Washington DC.
Your best bet for an Austin Airport transfer is a shuttle. Details on all options are included in this guide.
Or, to arrive stress free, book your transfer now with an Austin Airport shared shuttle from IHateTaxis.
Other Items of Interest at Austin Bergstrom Airport
Services at AUS Airport include:
- 4 Hydration Stations - bring an empty bottle and fill it up before you board *NEW*
- Market Place - city block sized area with restaurants, shops
- 5 live music stages with 20+ performances a week - past security (11:00-17:30, Monday-Friday, schedule)
- Knot Anymore massage - near gate 13
- Flower shop
- Benefit Cosmetics kiosk
- Family viewing area
- 2 dog paks - east and west *NEW*
Official AUS Austin Bergstrom Airport Website Links
Official AUS Austin Bergstrom Airport Twitter Feed
More Austin Bergstrom Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Austin Bergstrom Airport Information
- Austin Bergstrom Airport Distance to City Centre
- Austin Bergstrom Airport Currency Exchange
- Austin Bergstrom Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Austin Bergstrom Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Austin Bergstrom Airport Maps
- Austin Bergstrom Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Austin Bergstrom Airport Taxi Service
- Austin Bergstrom Airport Onsite Hotels
- Austin Bergstrom Airport Private Transfer Services
- Austin Bergstrom Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Austin Bergstrom Airport Location & Address
- Austin Bergstrom Airport Train & Subway
- Austin Bergstrom Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Austin Bergstrom Airport Shuttle
- Austin Bergstrom Airport Buses & Coaches
- Austin Bergstrom Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Austin Bergstrom Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Austin Bergstrom Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Austin Bergstrom Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Austin Bergstrom Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to AUS Austin Bergstrom Airport
- Austin Bergstrom Airport Services & Amenities