Official Beirut Airport Taxi Service
Official Beirut Airport Taxi Rates & Fares
To or from the Beirut Airport to the city centre should cost you no more than USD 25.
Drivers will also accept US Dollars and sometimes EUR.
Beirut Taxi Tipping Recommendation: Tipping optional
Official Beirut Airport Taxi Details
Beirut Airport taxi photo
Taxis are plentiful at the Beirut Airport, and comfortable taxis that are authorized by the Beirut Airport are parked next to the terminal in the Arrivals level and have an airport logo on the side. As these taxis are regulated by the airport authorities, they are guaranteed to be honest in their rates.
Taxis are available to the city centre for around LBP 15,000. They leave from outside both the Arrival and Departures terminal of the Beirut Airport.
- Advice on dealing with Beirut Airport taxi drivers.
- Advice on avoiding potential disagreements with Beirut Airport taxi drivers.
Private Beirut Airport Transfer with Meet & Greet Service
Unofficial Beirut Airport Taxi Service or Hire Points
Regular taxis are also available and are located a little farther from the airport, but these are not guaranteed and are to be used at ones' own risk. The more common form of transport, especially with daily commuters, as they are cheaper than the official taxis, but ironically are in fact the same.
Service [ser-vee-s] are shared-taxis, the same taxis as above but shared between four people. The biggest advantage with these are that the fare is split between all other passengers, and thus, a typical journey will only cost around LBP 1,500. These taxis are everywhere, but are not available at the airport.
Beirut Airport Taxi Scams
When arriving in Beirut, be prepared to be ripped off by taxi drivers. Paying less than USD 20 for the five minute ride down town seems to be impossible for foreigners, some try to charge as much as USD 45. If possible, arrange your transport beforehand or opt for alternative transportation.
It may be unnerving if you are not used to this kind or aggressive bargaining, but try not to pay more than USD 25.
Sometimes in your negotiations with a taxi driver, a plain clothes police officer will approach, indicate they are a police officer and confirm the 'official price' that the taxi driver is demanding. If it is beyond USD 25, simply walk away and approach another taxi driver.
Alert: in December 2013, two men were kidnapped, reportedly taking a taxi from Beruit Airport to the Bekaa region.
More Beirut Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Beirut Airport Information
- Beirut Airport Distance to City Centre
- Beirut Airport Currency Exchange
- Beirut Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Beirut Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Beirut Airport Maps
- Beirut Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Beirut Airport Taxi Service
- Beirut Airport Onsite Hotels
- Beirut Airport Private Transfer Services
- Beirut Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Beirut Airport Location & Address
- Beirut Airport Train & Subway
- Beirut Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Beirut Airport Shuttle
- Beirut Airport Buses & Coaches
- Beirut Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Beirut Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Beirut Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Beirut Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Beirut Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to BEY Beirut Airport
- Beirut Airport Services & Amenities