BHX Birmingham Airport Info & Guide
Where is Birmingham Airport?
Great Britain's second largest city, Birmingham, once known as the "Workshop of the World", is today a great shopping and cultural destination.
Ranked as a beta− world city by the Globalization and World Cities Research Network, Birmingham is a major business city, transport hub and centre of higher learning ("Brum", as the locals call it, boasts 6 universities).
Birmingham International Airport (IATA: BHX, ICAO: EGBB), also referred to as Brum Airport, or simply Birmingham Airport, is located in Bickenhill, 10.2 kilometres (6.3 miles) east southeast of Birmingham city centre, in the Metropolitan Borough of Solihull, West Midlands, England, United Kingdom.
In 2015, Birmingham Airport served 10,187,122 passengers.
Birmingham Airport is a hub for Flybe, Monarch, Ryanair, Thomas Cook Airlines and Thomson Airways. Other airlines that fly to Birmingham Airport include Aegean Airlines, Aer Lingus, Air Berlin, Air France, Air India, Air Transat, Austrian Airlines, BMI Regional, Brussels Airlines, Cyprus Airways, Eastern Airways, EasyJet, Emirates, Germanwings, KLM, Lufthansa, Scandinavian Airlines, Swiss International Air Lines, Turkish Airlines and United Airlines.
Alicante, Amsterdam, Athens, Barcelona, Berlin, Bordeaux, Cancún, Copenhagen, Delhi, Dubai, Dubrovnik, Edinburgh, Faro, Florence, Frankfurt, Gibraltar, Gran Canaria, Islamabad, Istanbul, Kraków, Málaga, Malta, Marrakech, Munich, Nice, Orlando, Palma de Mallorca, Paris, Rhodes, Rome, Sharm el-Sheikh, Sofia, Tenerife-South, Toronto and Venice.
Your best bet for a Birmingham Airport transfer is the train. Details on all options are included in this guide.
Or, if you are headed into London, to arrive stress free, treat yourself to a private Birmingham Airport to London transfer from IHateTaxis.
Other Items of Interest at Birmingham Airport
Birmingham Airport services include:
- Duty free shopping
- No.1 Traveller and Aspire by Servisair Lounges (fee)
- Day before check-in, bag drop
- Boots drug store
- Multi-faith prayer room (04:00-22:00) - ground floor, behind chec-in desk 28
- Sky Side free interactive play experience - North Pier, opposite Gate 54
- Aircraft viewing area (open to public) - edge of Long Stay Car Park 1
- National Motorcycle Museum (nearby)
Official BHX Birmingham Airport Website Links
Official BHX Birmingham Airport Twitter Feed
More Birmingham Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Birmingham Airport Information
- Birmingham Airport Distance to City Centre
- Birmingham Airport Currency Exchange
- Birmingham Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Birmingham Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Birmingham Airport Maps
- Birmingham Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Birmingham Airport Taxi Service
- Birmingham Airport Onsite Hotels
- Birmingham Airport Private Transfer Services
- Birmingham Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Birmingham Airport Location & Address
- Birmingham Airport Train & Subway
- Birmingham Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Birmingham Airport Shuttle
- Birmingham Airport Buses & Coaches
- Birmingham Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Birmingham Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Birmingham Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Birmingham Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Birmingham Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to BHX Birmingham Airport
- Birmingham Airport Services & Amenities