Things to do in Beauvais if you have a Paris Beauvais Airport Layover or Extended Paris Beauvais Airport Stopover
If you have an extended layover at the Paris Beauvais Airport or staying in town, why not consider getting out with some fun activities? We list a few here and there are many more on Beauvais.LayoverIdeas.com.
It's Paris! So, if you have a layover, be sure to get out and see something of interest with any time you have on your layover.
In Paris there is no better place to go, especially on a clear day, to see all the sights that the city has to offer, than the Eiffel Tower. This world famous 324m high tower epitomises Paris and, if you have the time on your layover, is a must see. If you really want to stretch out that stiffness that comes from sitting on a plane for too long, you can challenge yourself to the stairs, otherwise the lift is available to take you to the top. There you can indulge in views of the city whilst enjoying French food at its finest in the 58 Tour Eiffel or the intimacy and real Parisian elegance of the Jules Verne.
Sacré-Cœur (La Basilique du Sacré Coeur de Montmartre), is the wedding cake-white church rises visibly above the northern parts of Paris. The striking building, with its towers and white onion dome (83 m high), was built in the years between 1875 and 1914 on the birthplace of La Commune. The view over Paris from the dome and from the square before it (200 m above sea level) is unsurpassed, apart from that enjoyed at the Eiffel Tower (50 km on a clear day). For the athletic traveller there are stairs from several directions to the top of the hill; otherwise there is also a funicular which runs every few minutes during the daytime from Place St. Pierre. Follow the signs that say "Funiculaire De Montmartre". Beware that the guards don't like it if they catch you taking pictures inside and will even yell "No photo!" and chase you down if they see you with a camera. Also, beware of this scam: along the lower steps leading up to church, groups of mostly young men gather and reach toward you with a small string, offering to loop it round your finger. Attempts to brush them off will often be met by claims of "No, this is for the church." They will then demand money for the bracelet they make for you, offering it "at a discount".
Probably the most visited graveyard in any Western city, the vast Père-Lachaise features literally thousands of often elaborately-decorated graves separated by narrow lanes and avenues. The roll-call of famous burials includes: Chopin, Champollion, Sarah Bernhardt, Edith Piaf, Oscar Wilde, Delacroix, Bizet, Proust, Balzac, Colette, Molière and Jim Morrison of The Doors. Free.
The Musée d'Orsay is housed in a former Beaux-Arts railway station (completed in 1900 for the Exposition Universelle, later saved from demolition and converted to its present use). This rambling, open-plan museum is home to the works of the great artists of the 19th century (1848-1914) - Impressionists, post-Impressionists, and the rest - that were formerly displayed in the Louvre. This is perhaps the most spectacular collection of European impressionism in the world-- breath-taking rooms full of Manet, Renoir, Monet, Van Gogh, and many others. Impressionist represent the biggest draw, but there is much more to explore.
The headquarters of glitterati shopping, Paris holds a certain something for most shop-a-holics that will mean overflowing excitement at the thought of a layover long enough to indulge your passion. With all manner of shopping districts and malls to choose from, try heading to the Boulevard Haussmann in the 9th arrondissement for your choice of colossal department stores with all the shopping you can handle.
As always, make sure you leave plenty of time to get back to BVA Paris Beauvais Airport in time for your connecting flight. Enjoy your transit city rather than whiling away the time leaning up against your luggage in the departures lounge.
More Paris Beauvais Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Paris Beauvais Airport Information
- Paris Beauvais Airport Distance to City Centre
- Paris Beauvais Airport Currency Exchange
- Paris Beauvais Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Paris Beauvais Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Paris Beauvais Airport Maps
- Paris Beauvais Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Paris Beauvais Airport Taxi Service
- Paris Beauvais Airport Onsite Hotels
- Paris Beauvais Airport Private Transfer Services
- Paris Beauvais Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Paris Beauvais Airport Location & Address
- Paris Beauvais Airport Train & Subway
- Paris Beauvais Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Paris Beauvais Airport Shuttle
- Paris Beauvais Airport Buses & Coaches
- Paris Beauvais Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Paris Beauvais Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Paris Beauvais Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Paris Beauvais Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Paris Beauvais Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to BVA Paris Beauvais Airport
- Paris Beauvais Airport Services & Amenities