Official Cairo Airport Taxi Service
Official Cairo Airport Taxi Rates & Fares
Travel time is about 30-60 minutes to Tahrir Square in central Cairo, and up to 90 minutes to the pyramids. Traffic in Cairo can be very heavy, and travel can take much longer than expected, particularly during heavy traffic (usually 14:00-18:00). Expect to pay EGP 70-80 from the Cairo Airport to Tahrir Square (central Cairo). For the trip back to the Cairo Airport expect a lower fare of EGP 40-60. To Heliopolis, drivers usually demand EGP 50. Prices are generally higher after dark. Expect much argument to obtain a realistic fare and always agree a price before setting off!
Drivers may accept US dollars or EUR, but inquire first.
Cairo Taxi Tipping Recommendation: Tipping optional, Round up to next bill/large coin
Official Cairo Airport Taxi Details
Cairo Airport taxi photo
Taxis wait in a rank in the car park outside Arrivals Hall 1 at the Cairo Airport, although you will be approached by taxi drivers as you leave arrivals. At Terminal 2, taxis generally wait outside Arrivals, although you will be approached by many taxi drivers as you leave the arrivals area and all will offer a good price! There is a taxi office in Terminal 2 Arrivals.
Official Cairo taxis are black and white, or just black, and are usually not air-conditioned. Increasingly, yellow air conditioned taxis are becoming available. The meter starts at EGP 3.50, and then EGP 1 for every additional kilometre -- if you can get them to use the meter.
- Advice on dealing with Cairo Airport taxi drivers.
- Advice on avoiding potential disagreements with Cairo Airport taxi drivers.
Private Cairo Airport Transfer with Meet & Greet Service
Unofficial Cairo Airport Taxi Service or Hire Points
The yellow taxi cabs often, referred to as City Cabs or Cairo Cabs, and can be a bit more expensive (and less of an adventure) than the black-and-white cabs for short hops. However, for longer distances, they are the way to go for price and comfort.
IHateTaxis.com recommends the unofficial Cairo Airport taxi service.
Comfortable and more relaxed form of transport, especially when riding long distance.
More Cairo Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Cairo Airport Information
- Cairo Airport Distance to City Centre
- Cairo Airport Currency Exchange
- Cairo Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Cairo Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Cairo Airport Maps
- Cairo Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Cairo Airport Taxi Service
- Cairo Airport Onsite Hotels
- Cairo Airport Private Transfer Services
- Cairo Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Cairo Airport Location & Address
- Cairo Airport Train & Subway
- Cairo Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Cairo Airport Shuttle
- Cairo Airport Buses & Coaches
- Cairo Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Cairo Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Cairo Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Cairo Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Cairo Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to CAI Cairo Airport
- Cairo Airport Services & Amenities