Official Manila Clark Airport Taxi Service
Official Manila Clark Airport Taxi Recommendations
IHateTaxis.com has a mixed recommendation on the official Manila Clark Airport taxi service.
While convenient, taxi fares are relatively steep compared to other modes of transportation.(Read More about Official Manila Clark Airport Taxis Below)
** Be aware that unofficial or pirate taxis operate at Manila Clark Airport and we have given them different safety recommendations as discussed below.
Official Manila Clark Airport Taxi Rates & Fares
Sample fares from Manila Clark Airport:
- Fields: PHP 300*
- Perimeter hotels: PHP 400*
- Mcarthur hotels: PHP 400*
- Angeles city centre: PHP 500*
*MARCH 2015 TAXI FARE REDUCTION:
- All taxis in the Philippines have been ordered to reduce the starting meter fare by PHP 10
- For Manila city and the rest of the country, the starting fare drop is from PHP 40 to PHP 30
- For Manila Ninoy Aquino Airport (MNL) taxis, the starting fare has dropped from PHP 70 to PHP 60
- As far as IHateTaxis has been able to determine, the MNL airport starting fare does not apply to CRK airport
- For reasons that are unfathomable, the fare drop does NOT appear on the meter!
- It is the driver's responsibility to deduct the PHP 10 off the fare
- There are severe penalties for drivers who do not give the reduction
- Expect the reduction and pay attention to make sure you get the correct rate
- The reduction applies elsewhere in the Philippines as well
Drivers may also accept USD, but make sure to confirm
Angeles Taxi Tipping Recommendation: Tipping recommended, PHP 20-50
Official Manila Clark Airport Taxi Details
Manila Clark Airport taxi photo
Manila Clark Airport taxi service is readily available outside the Arrivals hall.
- Advice on dealing with Manila Clark Airport taxi drivers.
- Advice on avoiding potential disagreements with Manila Clark Airport taxi drivers.
Private Manila Clark Airport Transfer with Meet & Greet Service
Unofficial Manila Clark Airport Taxi Service or Hire Points
Illegal taxis in Manila are called colorum taxis. 'Colorum' is a Filipino slang term used to refer to illegal vehicles. There has been a crackdown on all manner of colorum vehicles (taxis, buses) since August 2014.
IHateTaxis.com does not recommend the unofficial Manila Clark Airport taxi service.
Stick to official taxis to avoid being ripped off.
Pirate Manila Clark Airport Taxi Serivce
Taxi touts and drivers will heavily solicit you for your business as soon you exit the terminal.
IHateTaxis.com does not recommend the pirate Manila Clark Airport taxi service.
Avoid taxi touts, as you will surely be ripped off.
Manila Clark Airport Taxi Scams
If you are going to Fields, be sure to tell your driver that you are going to Fields, not Angeles, or they will try to charge you the Angeles rate.
While Manila Clark Airport is a long distance from Manila proper, you should be aware of common Manila taxi scams, in case you get a clever driver, or simply to protect yourself later in your journey.
- In September 2014, a new Manila taxi scam emerged in which the car's motor dies, forcing the driver to pull over. After checking under the hood, the driver beckons for his passenger to get out, to observe or assist in some way. Once the passenger is outside the taxi, the driver gets back in, miraculously starts the engine, and speeds off with the passenger's luggage and possessions, leaving the passenger stranded. The entire incident takes place in a colorum (illegal) taxi, and is facilitated by a hidden switch which turns the engine off and on. Tip: whatever happens, do not get out of your taxi, or if you must, take your carry-on items with you.
- In February 2014, an Austrian tourist was robbed by a yellow taxi driver. She was robbed of her purse, iPhone and a substantial amount of cash. Tip: to prevent being a target, take a coupon or radio taxi, don't flash your technical gadgets and be discrete with cash.
- Other Manila airport taxi scams include non-metered transactions (the driver will try to negotiate price fare, he will exaggerate the distance and traffic, and misquote costs. He will claim that passenger would get to save more compared to the metered travel.) These are attempted scams. Always insist on the meter being turned on. If the driver does not put on the meter, tell him that you call going to call the police if he does not put it on immediately. This should work. If not, insist on stopping the taxi, get your luggage out and look for another taxi.
More Manila Clark Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Manila Clark Airport Information
- Manila Clark Airport Distance to City Centre
- Manila Clark Airport Currency Exchange
- Manila Clark Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Manila Clark Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Manila Clark Airport Maps
- Manila Clark Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Manila Clark Airport Taxi Service
- Manila Clark Airport Onsite Hotels
- Manila Clark Airport Private Transfer Services
- Manila Clark Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Manila Clark Airport Location & Address
- Manila Clark Airport Train & Subway
- Manila Clark Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Manila Clark Airport Shuttle
- Manila Clark Airport Buses & Coaches
- Manila Clark Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Manila Clark Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Manila Clark Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Manila Clark Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Manila Clark Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to CRK Manila Clark Airport
- Manila Clark Airport Services & Amenities