CTA Catania Airport Info & Guide
Where is Catania Airport?
Sicily's second largest city, Catania, was one of Italy's most important and flourishing cultural and artistic centres in the 14th century and the Renaissance.
Situated near Mount Etna, Catania is also famous for its past seismic and volcanic activity. Today, Catania is popular with tourists, and is an important economic centre.
Catania Airport (IATA: CTA, ICAO: LICC), officially Catania Fontanarossa Airport, is 4.3 kilometres (2.6 miles) southwest of Catania, Sicily, Italy - the second largest city on the island at the bottom of Italy's "boot". The airport is named after Vincenzo Bellini, the famous Sicilian opera composer whose birthplace was Catania.
In 2014, Catania Airport served 7,304,012 passengers, making it Sicily's busiest airport.
Catania Airport is a hub for Air One, Alitalia, Meridiana Fly and Mistral Air. Other airlines that fly to Catania Airport include Aegean Airlines, Aer Lingus, Air Berlin, Blue Air, British Airways, easyJet, Edelweiss Air, Finnair, Germanwings, Helvetic Airways, Jat Airways, Lufthansa, Ryanair, Thomas Cook Airlines, Thomson Airways, Transavia, Travel Service, Vueling and Wizz Air.
Cities with flights to Catania Airport include Amsterdam, Athens, Berlin, Bologna, Brussels, Budapest, Dubai, Dublin, Florence, Frankfurt, Genoa, Helsinki, Kiev, London, Luxembourg, Malta, Manchester, Milan, Moscow, Munich, Naples, Oslo, Paris, Prague, Rhodes, Rome, Santorini, Sharm el-Sheikh, St. Petersburg, Tel Aviv, Venice, Vienna, Warsaw and Zurich.
Your best bet for a Catania Airport transfer is the bus. Details on all options are included in this guide.
Or, to truly arrive stress free, treat yourself to a private Catania Airport transfer from IHateTaxis.
Other Items of Interest at Catania Airport
Other services at CTA Catania Airport include:
- Modern, comfortable, changing tables for babies are located in the Ladies' toilets in both the Arrival and Departure terminals (sorry guys)
- Post Office - Arrival Terminal - from 08:15 to 13:30
- Alitalia Bellini VIP Lounge
- Sala Amica/Friendship Room - Departure Terminal - from 05:30 to midnight
- Tourist Information Office - 08:00 to 22:00
- Shopping Centre - Departure Terminal, first floor - from 06:00 to 20:00
Official CTA Catania Airport Website Links
More Catania Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Catania Airport Information
- Catania Airport Distance to City Centre
- Catania Airport Currency Exchange
- Catania Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Catania Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Catania Airport Maps
- Catania Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Catania Airport Taxi Service
- Catania Airport Onsite Hotels
- Catania Airport Private Transfer Services
- Catania Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Catania Airport Location & Address
- Catania Airport Train & Subway
- Catania Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Catania Airport Shuttle
- Catania Airport Buses & Coaches
- Catania Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Catania Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Catania Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Catania Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Catania Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to CTA Catania Airport
- Catania Airport Services & Amenities