Suggestions for things to do in Durban if you have a Durban King Shaka Airport Stopover or Extended Durban King Shaka Airport Layover
King Shaka Airport is located very close to the coastline and so many of the best activities are centred around these locations. Durban and the eThekwini Metropolitan Municipality areas has something to offer everyone from the Botanical Gardens to the Science Museum and everything in between. With so much to choose from why not visit one of the places that will give you a real feeling for the Zulu Kingdom.
uShaka Marine World
A trip to Durban would not be complete without a visit to the Aqua Park and Sea World. The amazing array of beautiful underwater kingdoms offers visitors a bird's eye view of some of the most interesting oceanic inhabitants imaginable. You can indulge in fine dining in the hull of an amazingly realistic wrecked ship, or have a quick bite to eat while you wonder around visiting the different creatures. There are also twice daily dolphin and seal shows which are certainly worth a visit. If you are at uShaka on a hot day you can get some thrills on the water slides or float lazily round the moat on a tyre tube to help you cool off and unwind.
If you fancy your chances on the slot machines or want to try your luck at the tables, Suncoast Casino offers a truly African gambling experience. Once you have spent your limit, or to celebrate a bit of a win, you have a number of eateries to choose from where you can quench your thirst or satisfy your hunger. If you feel like a bit of fresh air, Suncoast Casino has a private beach where you can enjoy the sun, sea and sand before heading on to your next destination.
It would be a real crime to miss a visit to the beach anywhere along the KwaZulu Natal coastline and, as DUR Durban King Shaka International Airport is a stones throw from Umdhloti beach, there is no excuse. With calm waters and plenty of rock pools, this stretch of coastline is fantastic for people wanting a refreshing dip without being dunked by big waves. If it is waves you are after, then no more than 20km down the freeway is Umhlanga beach where you will find surfers gathering to make the most of those white horses. With golden sands and blue flag beaches it is no wonder Durban is known for its coastal areas.
Flag Animal Farm
Traveling with young children can mean hours of stress and drama, but if you arrive in Durban with time to kill, you will find no end of child friendly activities to keep your little ones happy. One of the most relaxing things you can do with little kids is to take them to the Flag Animal Farm at Salt Rock near Ballito. This animal farm is in a stunning location with well cared for critters and a happy and friendly staff who will keep your children entertained for hours with milking demos, pony rides and interesting animals to interact with. There is also a café where you can enjoy a meal in the shade of big trees, which is incredibly relaxing and satisfying.
As always, make sure you leave plenty of time to get back to the King Shaka Airport in time for your connecting flight. Enjoy your transit city rather than whiling away the time leaning up against your luggage in the departures lounge.
More Durban King Shaka Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Durban King Shaka Airport Information
- Durban King Shaka Airport Distance to City Centre
- Durban King Shaka Airport Currency Exchange
- Durban King Shaka Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Durban King Shaka Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Durban King Shaka Airport Maps
- Durban King Shaka Airport Airline Companies
- Durban King Shaka Airport Taxi Service
- Durban King Shaka Airport Onsite Hotels
- Durban King Shaka Airport Train & Subway
- Durban King Shaka Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Durban King Shaka Airport Shuttle
- Durban King Shaka Airport Buses & Coaches
- Durban King Shaka Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Durban King Shaka Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Durban King Shaka Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Durban King Shaka Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Durban King Shaka Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to DUR Durban King Shaka Airport